Depth Chart vs Lions West Semi Final

Noeller

3 minutes ago, Slingin Sammy said:

My preference would be that A. Richards be scratched ahead of Couture.  I can think of a lot more useful ways we can use Couture tomorrow than Richards...who doesn't play ST or any snaps on O....but I can't recall a time during MOS' tenure that we dressed 7 OLineman... ...

Richards is on kickoff returns.  Probably also coverage.

25 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Kickoff returns he lines up on the right sideline of the front 4.

Thanks.  He definitely wasn't with the punt cover unit on Nov 10 practice.  Any ST tackles for Addison or catches this season?...just curious...he's had a rough couple of years...he seems to have all the tools and catches the ball well in practice...?

Edited by Slingin Sammy

Winnipeg in BC:

CFL Game Notes
In the last 6 meetings between these two clubs, the team that was won the 4th Quarter, has won the game.

The Bombers have now won 4 in a row over BC sweeping the last two season series; all FOUR games went down to the final 3:00. - The last three BC-Winnipeg meetings have been decided by a total of 8 points (margins: 3, 2 & 3 points).

Key Stats in 2016 season series:
- The Lions ran up 931 yards of net offence but did not win either game one of their three 500+ yard games (503 on Oct 8/16).
- Seven lead changes and virtually even Time of Possession across the two games.
Jonathon Jennings was 12-4 against all other clubs and 0-2 vs WPG; Matt Nichols has now won three straight starts vs BC.

T/O Ratio: Winnipeg forced BC into 9 Giveaways while BC forced only 2. Winnipeg scored 26 of their 72 points off those T/Os. 

Field goals: Justin Medlock was 10-for-10 vs BC in 2016; Richie Leone was 7-for-10 vs Winnipeg.

2nd Down Conversions: BC was 21-of-38 for 55.2%, Winnipeg was just 18-of-42 for 42.9%. 

4th Quarter Scoring: Winnipeg outscored BC in each game and by 23-15 overall.

Semi-Final History:
- BC is playing in a Semi-Final for the 26th time in club history, they are 8-17 over their first 25 appearances back to 1959.
- Winnipeg is playing in a Semi-Final for the 36th time in club history back to 1936. They are 19-16 in those previous 35 appearances.

Team Notes:
- BC is playing their first home playoff game since 2012 and are 0-4 in their last four playoff appearances (last win: 2011 West Final).

- BC is 3-3 in 6 home playoff games since 2004; overall at home in the playoffs this will be game #19: they are 9-9 in the first 18 home playoff games (6-6 at B.C. Place Stadium).

With 63 players only, BC employed the fewest in the CFL in 2016 and a league-low 42 different players started for them in 2016.

Emmanuel Arceneaux vs Winnipeg - Game #1: 10 for 150 yards, Game #2: 2 for 16 yards. He is coming off a career-best 180 yards in Game #18 vs Saskatchewan.

Bryan Burnham last 5 games of 2016: 29 catches for 497 yards with 11 receptions for 2nd down conversions.

Fast starts: The Lions have allowed only 7 First Quarter points in the last 4 games and were +37 for the season in 1st Quarter scoring. 

The Lions’ 545 points scored in 2016 was their highest season total since 2008 (559 points); their 12 wins the most since 2012 (13-5). 

Jonathon Jennings averaged 320 passing yards per game over the final 6 games of 2016 with 12 TDs but also with 7 interceptions. 

Jeremiah Johnson rolled up 300 rushing yards over the season’s final 4 games (all starts).

This playoff appearance for Winnipeg halts a 4-year absence, matching their longest ever non-playoff run (1967 to 1970).

For the season Winnipeg was +29 and has scored 30% of their 497 points after forcing a turnover, the highest % in the CFL.

Matt Nichols has a 7-game streak with at least one TD pass; he threw 1 INT in his first 7 starts but had 8 INTs in his last 6 games.

Andrew Harris: Did not post a 100-yard rushing game after Aug 12/16 but finished with 4 straight games of 100+ total yards. (116, 150, 139 and 142 yards from scrimmage averaging 17.3 touches per game: 5.8 catches, 11.8 carries per game).

Weston Dressler was Winnipeg’s leading receiver in the second half of the season with 48 catches in the 9 games for 649 yards. 

Winnipeg finished strong with a season-high 437 yards of offence in their final game of the season at Ottawa.

Discipline down the stretch: Winnipeg averaged only 7.3 penalties per game over the final 3 contests in going 2-1.

The Bombers have overcome six deficits of 6 or more points to win this season; they posted 8 come-from-behind wins overall.

Kevin Fogg is out.

Not many are predicting a Bomber victory. And it would be better if I kept my prediction to myself. Call it a closed door prediction.

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

Aside from McDuffie being in over Fogg, this is the best team we could possibly assemble with our roster. We're remarkably healthy, no one expects us to win yet I see tons of reasons why we will.

Mcduffie isnt in over fogg. Theyve been in together while healthy for an extended period of time. fogg is hurt and cant play. If any thing talent wise Id say smith vs gurley. Or richards in over a wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man. 

Its gotta be the best talent in one line up weve had all year though. 

47 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Mcduffie isnt in over fogg. Theyve been in together while healthy for an extended period of time. fogg is hurt and cant play. If any thing talent wise Id say smith vs gurley. Or richards in over a wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man. 

Its gotta be the best talent in one line up weve had all year though. 

I'm well aware that Fogg is hurt, I'm just saying that Fogg in over McDuffie is the only change I'd make in my ''ideal'' lineup.

41 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I'm well aware that Fogg is hurt, I'm just saying that Fogg in over McDuffie is the only change I'd make in my ''ideal'' lineup.

McDuffie and Fogg are both quick and fast but Fogg seems to have that spidey sense to find the holes.

I agree with the depth chart with the exception of Smith. I know many here don't this Gurley is worthy but I'm equally not sure Smith is worthy as well and if it was a draw I would take the bigger body and apparently faster body that the little guy. Whatever, let's hope they all play well from START to finish. If they get down by 20 they we are toast plain and simple. If we are equal or slightly ahead or behind at the half we have a chance. However I will say what I said before my gut says we lose by 14 but my heart would simply like us to win.

5 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Winnipeg in BC:

CFL Game Notes
In the last 6 meetings between these two clubs, the team that was won the 4th Quarter, has won the game.

The Bombers have now won 4 in a row over BC sweeping the last two season series; all FOUR games went down to the final 3:00. - The last three BC-Winnipeg meetings have been decided by a total of 8 points (margins: 3, 2 & 3 points).

Key Stats in 2016 season series:
- The Lions ran up 931 yards of net offence but did not win either game one of their three 500+ yard games (503 on Oct 8/16).
- Seven lead changes and virtually even Time of Possession across the two games.
Jonathon Jennings was 12-4 against all other clubs and 0-2 vs WPG; Matt Nichols has now won three straight starts vs BC.

T/O Ratio: Winnipeg forced BC into 9 Giveaways while BC forced only 2. Winnipeg scored 26 of their 72 points off those T/Os. 

Field goals: Justin Medlock was 10-for-10 vs BC in 2016; Richie Leone was 7-for-10 vs Winnipeg.

2nd Down Conversions: BC was 21-of-38 for 55.2%, Winnipeg was just 18-of-42 for 42.9%. 

4th Quarter Scoring: Winnipeg outscored BC in each game and by 23-15 overall.

Semi-Final History:
- BC is playing in a Semi-Final for the 26th time in club history, they are 8-17 over their first 25 appearances back to 1959.
- Winnipeg is playing in a Semi-Final for the 36th time in club history back to 1936. They are 19-16 in those previous 35 appearances.

Team Notes:
- BC is playing their first home playoff game since 2012 and are 0-4 in their last four playoff appearances (last win: 2011 West Final).

- BC is 3-3 in 6 home playoff games since 2004; overall at home in the playoffs this will be game #19: they are 9-9 in the first 18 home playoff games (6-6 at B.C. Place Stadium).

With 63 players only, BC employed the fewest in the CFL in 2016 and a league-low 42 different players started for them in 2016.

Emmanuel Arceneaux vs Winnipeg - Game #1: 10 for 150 yards, Game #2: 2 for 16 yards. He is coming off a career-best 180 yards in Game #18 vs Saskatchewan.

Bryan Burnham last 5 games of 2016: 29 catches for 497 yards with 11 receptions for 2nd down conversions.

Fast starts: The Lions have allowed only 7 First Quarter points in the last 4 games and were +37 for the season in 1st Quarter scoring. 

The Lions’ 545 points scored in 2016 was their highest season total since 2008 (559 points); their 12 wins the most since 2012 (13-5). 

Jonathon Jennings averaged 320 passing yards per game over the final 6 games of 2016 with 12 TDs but also with 7 interceptions. 

Jeremiah Johnson rolled up 300 rushing yards over the season’s final 4 games (all starts).

This playoff appearance for Winnipeg halts a 4-year absence, matching their longest ever non-playoff run (1967 to 1970).

For the season Winnipeg was +29 and has scored 30% of their 497 points after forcing a turnover, the highest % in the CFL.

Matt Nichols has a 7-game streak with at least one TD pass; he threw 1 INT in his first 7 starts but had 8 INTs in his last 6 games.

Andrew Harris: Did not post a 100-yard rushing game after Aug 12/16 but finished with 4 straight games of 100+ total yards. (116, 150, 139 and 142 yards from scrimmage averaging 17.3 touches per game: 5.8 catches, 11.8 carries per game).

Weston Dressler was Winnipeg’s leading receiver in the second half of the season with 48 catches in the 9 games for 649 yards. 

Winnipeg finished strong with a season-high 437 yards of offence in their final game of the season at Ottawa.

Discipline down the stretch: Winnipeg averaged only 7.3 penalties per game over the final 3 contests in going 2-1.

The Bombers have overcome six deficits of 6 or more points to win this season; they posted 8 come-from-behind wins overall.

Kevin Fogg is out.

Not many are predicting a Bomber victory. And it would be better if I kept my prediction to myself. Call it a closed door prediction.

Thanks Dee. Good stuff. We have to get off to a good start in this one. I can't imagine the team not being ready from the git-go but if they falter at the start it's going to be tough. If we can start well and score some points early it'll do wonders for our chances. Hoping for a tilted field in our favour in this one.

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

I think the ideal set up is having both fogg and mcduffie back on kick offs, and the hot hand / fresh guy returning punts. Mcduffie should be used more in the offense, and hope fully fogg finds improvement and becomes a starter again. 

21 minutes ago, tracker said:

Absolutely agree that we cannot let Jennings get into a rhythm and/or get ahead by more than a field goal or so. Our offence is not potent enough to play catch-up every game. If Jennings get rattled or frustrated, he will likely start trying to force the ball.

Pretty much. If we win i expect a close score, if bc wins then the offense probably steam rolls us. 

Saw this quote on FB a reported talking to TJ heath. apparently manny arceneaux has 0 tds against heath in 4 games this year. Thats bloody impressive.