November 10 Practice

Slingin Sammy

Notables

- security was on "high alert"...all public observing practice were being watched more intensely than I noticed in previous practices to ensure cameras were only recording or taking still photography when allowed;
- security advised that practice on the 11th is closed to the public and media
- padless practice
- Wild practising with 1st team
- Chungh practising with 1st team
- Denmark practising with 1st team
- Bass practising with 1st team
- Gudino practising with 1st team in Kohlert's spot
- Cole practising with 1st team
- Shologan practising with 1st team
- Neufeld practising with 1st team as 6th OLineman ahead of Couture
- Fogg present but not practising, (track suit but no walking boot)
- M. Harris present but not practising (track suit)
- Knox, Burnett and McDuffie all taking ST's reps..they're potentially DI's (other than Medlock)
- McDuffie and Legget sharing punt reps
- KG was running 2nd team and was 2nd option

Here's how they lined up

DB's
- (Field) B. Johnson, Frederick
- (Safety) Loffler
- (Boundary) Heath, Randle

LB's
Wild Bass Leggett

DLine
Westerman Shologan Cummings Cole (Thomas and Corney rotating)

OLine
Bryant Bond Goosen Chungh Hardrick, (Neufeld extra O Lineman)

Receivers
D. Adams Dressler Smith Denmark Gudino, (McDuffie also got some reps in Denmark's spot but majority to Denmark)

RB's
Harris (Normand)

FYI: this is what I observed between 11:30 and 12:30

Edited by Slingin Sammy

7 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

At this point they both seem equally inept. Only reason I'd say its an upgrade is size.  Smith has been fn brutal on the long ball this year.  Other then his one bizarre TD catch (like a 5-10 yard pass) has he really caught anything over 15 yards?

Smith ain't dropping them, Nichols ain't hitting him.

Glad we are getting pretty healthy for the play offs. Hope fogg will be ready to return and back up DB. Thanks for the report. 

10 hours ago, Westy Sucks said:

I'm very happy to see Feoli-Gudino in place of Rory.  Rory has not been good enough this year.

None of our NI wrs have been good enough this year. Nor have we used them well. 

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

??????Based on what, exactly...???????????????

I dont think its an upgrade. More of a side grade.. A guy who hasnt fit in or been well used here for a guy who hasnt been good here at all. Id make the switch for the variety in gurleys tool set. Gurley in TO was certainly better then smith here. Smith last year vs gurley in TO last year / this year IDK. My expectations for either this year are low. 

I wonder if the lack of performance is a result of not being thrown the ball enough. I know there are what 4 or 5 potential receivers but why is it that the other teams can distribute the ball whereas the bombers seem to focus on 1 receiver a game. One game it is Dressler, the next maybe Adams, then it is Denmarks turn (however that was long ago and again a forgot plug in this offense) and then to Harris. Seems to me if you design an offense with diversity not only with the run and pass but also with different receivers, it keeps the defense on their toes so they cannot focus on only one receiver. Case in point, what 3 or 4 1000 yard receivers for the second year in Ottawa, what about BC and Calgary as well. Just saying we don't throw the ball deep or intermediate and we seem to focus on one receiver at a time. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm sure stats will prove that but from a layman's eye it sure looks that way.

2 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

I wonder if the lack of performance is a result of not being thrown the ball enough. I know there are what 4 or 5 potential receivers but why is it that the other teams can distribute the ball whereas the bombers seem to focus on 1 receiver a game. One game it is Dressler, the next maybe Adams, then it is Denmarks turn (however that was long ago and again a forgot plug in this offense) and then to Harris. Seems to me if you design an offense with diversity not only with the run and pass but also with different receivers, it keeps the defense on their toes so they cannot focus on only one receiver. Case in point, what 3 or 4 1000 yard receivers for the second year in Ottawa, what about BC and Calgary as well. Just saying we don't throw the ball deep or intermediate and we seem to focus on one receiver at a time. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm sure stats will prove that but from a layman's eye it sure looks that way.

crop_620x350_20151208_203PM.jpg