NHL Playoffs

Noeller

Thought I'd get the General Forum going with some puck talk. So, who've you got in the playoffs?

I'm a big Jonathan Toews guy, so the Hawks are my dog in this race. I don't mind the Kings either, but can't stand the Pens. I had no problems with the Bruins till that Game 7 vs the Leafs, and now I'm not so happy. Would personally like to see a Hawks/Bruins final, but it's going to be interesting to see how it breaks down!

Thought I'd get the General Forum going with some puck talk. So, who've you got in the playoffs?

I'm a big Jonathan Toews guy, so the Hawks are my dog in this race. I don't mind the Kings either, but can't stand the Pens. I had no problems with the Bruins till that Game 7 vs the Leafs, and now I'm not so happy. Would personally like to see a Hawks/Bruins final, but it's going to be interesting to see how it breaks down!

In lieu of the Habs bowing out in the first round, I'm going to jump on the Chicago bandwagon. Have to support a good Winnipeg (St. Vital) kid.

Can't stand Cindy Crosby.

No self respecting Habs fan can cheer for the Bruins

L.A. won it all last year.

All that said, Go Hawks! :)

Detest everything about the Pens. Lotta folks in southern AB cheering for Pitt because of Iginla, but I say the changing laundry means we can hate on him now. Can't stand the Pens or anything about them...

Whoever can keep the Pens from winning. I detest teams who can win when the other team is busting their butts and they're just taking it easy.

I like the Pens but not because I live in Calgary & Iginla plays for them... Never been a true fan of the guy. When he was playing for the Flames all those years he missed the playoffs more than he made them. Never wanted to play in the World Championships. Rather be on the golf course in BC in April than representing his country. I always thought the way he turned his back on Team Canada was indicative of the kind of leader he was here in Calgary. Never hungry enough to inspire his teammates as Flames Captain. Always making excuses.

Whoever can keep the Pens from winning. I detest teams who can win when the other team is busting their butts and they're just taking it easy.

I like the Pens but not because I live in Calgary & Iginla plays for them... Never been a true fan of the guy. When he was playing for the Flames all those years he missed the playoffs more than he made them. Never wanted to play in the World Championships. Rather be on the golf course in BC in April than representing his country. I always thought the way he turned his back on Team Canada was indicative of the kind of leader he was here in Calgary. Never hungry enough to inspire his teammates as Flames Captain. Always making excuses.

It was a shame Iginla shunned the worlds and team canada, but I think as far as a leader goes he was fantastic for the flames. Got a lot more out of those crappy, crappy rosters than they rightly should have.

Holy crap did Walkom ever pound it into the Hawks' collective asses with that call. If they lose that'll be up there with the Kerry Fraser "no call" on Gretzky as the worst referee mistakes in playoff history.

But...is there really a situation where you don't call the penalty? In reality, if he plans to call the infraction he needs to go ahead and do it. It wasn't a delayed call because both teams had a player going off.

Holy crap did Walkom ever pound it into the Hawks' collective asses with that call. If they lose that'll be up there with the Kerry Fraser "no call" on Gretzky as the worst referee mistakes in playoff history.

But...is there really a situation where you don't call the penalty? In reality, if he plans to call the infraction he needs to go ahead and do it. It wasn't a delayed call because both teams had a player going off.

yeah it's just really a shame they'd make a call that doesn't change the play when the Hawks are getting a prime scoring chance.

Every year there was always some excuse for Iginla not to play for Team Canada. He didn't have to go every year but even once would have made a difference. Have some national pride. Maybe that is why the Flames kept missing the playoffs. He really didn't want to play hockey in May. ;) I lost a lot of respect for the man because of that.

if he plans to call the infraction he needs to go ahead and do it. It wasn't a delayed call because both teams had a player going off.

I get all of that, but what did the Hawks player do to deserve a penalty on that play? He only reached up to hold on as he was being power bombed to the ice. I probably wouldn't have called either of them (Wings player was questionable), but especially not the Hawks player.

if he plans to call the infraction he needs to go ahead and do it. It wasn't a delayed call because both teams had a player going off.

I get all of that, but what did the Hawks player do to deserve a penalty on that play? He only reached up to hold on as he was being power bombed to the ice. I probably wouldn't have called either of them (Wings player was questionable), but especially not the Hawks player.

It was just a terrible call all around. Saad did absolutely nothing to earn a penalty.