The Walking Dead *spoilers*

Taynted_Fayth

3 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Dont know what happened to the other thread but wow what an episode! thought Rick over acted a bit during it, but totally worth the wait

Yeah it's okay but im kinda wanting closure on the show even though I know there never will be closure. I think it was some AMC guy who said that.

They'll have an explosive and unrealistic ending like the farmer|vet with an endless supply of ammo and then they'll move onto the next villain, the guy with the lion.

I thought the tiger/lion guy was a good guy?

Anyway, I was disappointed they iced Glenn.  My feeling on him as a character is that he is "us", hes our avatar through this world.  And killing him slices out the soul of the show.  Killing a major character like Ned in Game of Thrones is one thing - it happened early, it was for the good of the story.  But killing a main character just to be shocking can actually have an adverse impact on viewers.  It makes us question our emotional attachment to a show and to the characters.  It seems like we care more than the writers do...and thus, if we shouldnt care anymore at all, its a slippery slope.

Funny reading comments though - people are more angry about how gory it was.  Ummm...its about Zombies.  But one consistent complaint was the commercials.  I probably wouldnt watch this show if I watched it live.  Those commercials are oppressive. 

I don't think he was killed just to be shocking .... how they did it was meant to be shocking.  And I know they don't always follow the comics to the tee, but IMO killing Glenn was more about being true to the original story from the comics.

The show is also in its 7th season.   How much longer are the actors who've been there since season 1 going to want to keep doing it?  With the world they live in, not everyone should survive.   And if the core of the cast always lived, the show would lose something IMO.

I think they needed to kill Abraham and Glenn for max affect on the group (even if unintentional)  of all the people there, there was basically 3 groups of people imo the original group of Rick, Carl, Glenn, Daryl - to an extent Maggie, tho she came in season 2 -  then there was the group of Abraham, Eugene and Rosita that came in together so would have a tight knit bond despite Rosita and Abrahams drama recently.  They did recently write in Sasha and Michonne into love stories with Abraham and Rick, but they came along later in the show (season 3-4) and Aaron like season 5 so I dont think any of those 3 deaths would be as big of a loss. Sucks to be sure but not as omg, especially michonne to rick, that`d be like his 3rd chick dying already on the show.

I want to see how the group responds to Daryl when they get him back, cuz he kind of got Glenn killed

I dont think the group will turn on Darryl.  But Daryl might be rough on himself.  He blamed himself for getting that woman killed last season...he's going to absolutely blame himself now.  But Rick's reaction right after Negan left "they've got Daryl" tells me they dont blame him at all.

I still think Glenn didnt have to die.  And I think the reason they did that goofy fake out death with him last season was to see if ratings dropped with him gone.  He has been on set a couple of times so I suspect we see him in flashback or "dream" sequences.  So he might not yet be gone entirely.

I dont buy the idea they wanted to be inline with the comics because thats a bad reason to do anything in a TV show.  if the comic is good, so be it, use it as a guide.  But TV is different. 

My vision for an ending would have been Rick dying...and we end the series with a flash forward much like Rick's fantasy in this episode.  With an older Glen and Maggie, their children and maybe Uncle Daryl living happily within a secure life they re-built. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

But one consistent complaint was the commercials.  I probably wouldnt watch this show if I watched it live.  Those commercials are oppressive. 

After using Kodi for two years...  it's hard to watch live TV with commercials at all without raging....

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

After using Kodi for two years...  it's hard to watch live TV with commercials at all without raging....

Yup, I never watch anything live.  Not even sports.  Im not sure AMC has the right strategy to over-load TWD.  Its one thing with TWD being so popular but if they take even one creative mis-step, it wont be hard for a lot of people to give up on the commercials. 

Love the show, and read all the comics, but the show runners are starting to turn me off the show. Liked the tone but the following drove me nuts;

Waiting 20 minutes to see who met Lucille, considering where the season finale left us.

3 "fake outs" with chopping off the hand like the governor did to Rick (2 with Rick and one with Carl)

Not a fan of the casting for Negan-  he is  more physically imposing and much funnier in the comics, and I hope they develop the character

I hope the show runners stick to writing good stories, and stop with playing the audience with cheap diversionary tricks

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Killing a major character like Ned in Game of Thrones is one thing - it happened early, it was for the good of the story. 

Wait... wut?

They Kill off Eddark Stark? Thanks jerk face.

JK   :)

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

• 2 weeks later...