Playoff Bound

Jpan85

We'd never have got there with Willy starting. The Willy backers here can argue otherwise but no way. Nichols doesn't put up stunning numbers like Reilly or BLM but he's steady, efficient, understands LaPo's offense, makes quicker reads & has a quick release thereby avoiding being sacked. Willy holds onto the ball too long trying to make decisions where to throw & panics when the pocket collapses. We saw that all game long today.

Edited by iso_55

46 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

We'd never have got there with Willy starting. The Willy backers here can argue otherwise but no way. Nichols doesn't put up stunning numbers like Reilly or BLM but he's steady, efficient, understands LaPo's offense, makes quicker reads & has a quick release thereby avoiding being sacked. Willy holds onto the ball too long trying to make decisions where to throw & panics when the pocket collapses. We saw that all game long today.

But all the so called "intelligent" posters here swore up and down that our oline was the problem and that Willy was far superior to Nichols. Quite frankly, Willy has looked horrid from the very first snap this pre season, and I'm someone who thought he was Ricky Ray lite in 2015.

Edited by Blueandgold

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

what the hell was that play where he accidentally lateraled it to Whitaker?  That play would have made Jason Boltus proud.

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

what the hell was that play where he accidentally lateraled it to Whitaker?  That play would have made Jason Boltus proud.

It was a pass but similar to a lateral. The ball was live. Willy panicked. Good thing a surprised Whitaker fell on it.

Edited by iso_55

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

But all the so called "intelligent" posters here swore up and down that our oline was the problem and that Willy was far superior to Nichols. Quite frankly, Willy has looked horrid from the very first snap this pre season, and I'm someone who thought he was Ricky Ray lite in 2015.

Good thing they fixed the OL by putting in 3 americans finally right? Cause you're fooling yourself if you think that hasn't changed the complexion of the team immensely. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Good thing they fixed the OL by putting in 3 americans finally right? Cause you're fooling yourself if you think that hasn't changed the complexion of the team immensely. 

Exactly, the line has really gelled as a unit worlds better than the beginning of the year. 

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

I know how much people love this argument, but he was signed to a big contract and started five games this year - decisions made by professional "intelligent" football people 

14 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I know how much people love this argument, but he was signed to a big contract and started five games this year - decisions made by professional "intelligent" football people 

Its like poker- you put your money on the table and you take your chances. You have to look at the big picture.

As the Blue Jays have already proved, it's not how you get there mostly, but that you get there (meaning playoffs).  Ask the Red Sox and Rangers how they feel about their tremendous regular seasons right now ;). I'm excited about this team's chances and I think they will tighten up their defensive issues moving forward.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Nah, that tweet was already in my ICYMI review. 

When I saw your post, I remembered seeing that exact thought...from Randy Turner.

So, I thought, what a coincidence eh?

Trolls love coincidences, that's true.  Nice to see you haven't changed.