Edmonton-Montreal/Calgary-Toronto Turkey day discussion

24 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Ray made that OL look bad too, so did Killgore, maybe, just maybe the argos OL sucks too? I mean they got no push on 3rd and short all game. I know it's popular around here to keep shitting on Willy but the guy is getting no time at all. 

He's playing like he did here. Same style. Same throws.

48 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Ray made that OL look bad too, so did Killgore, maybe, just maybe the argos OL sucks too? I mean they got no push on 3rd and short all game. I know it's popular around here to keep shitting on Willy but the guy is getting no time at all

tumblr_lka3ob1J5i1qdaaw6o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by IC Khari

The last drive Willy never even tried a deep pass. Not one. Even the last pass was more of a check down. The entire game he never went vertical downfield. Ugh... Most qbs would have thrown that last pass deep... Game was over sure but at least look like you're trying to score instead of playing safe. Glad he's gone.

Edited by iso_55

24 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

yeah cause he's getting hammered like he was here. How come people are so willing to put it all on the qb when the team around him clearly has a ton of issues? 

Willy reminds me of Kerwin Bell. He's failed to adjust to the 20 second clock in the CFL. Thinks he's still in college and has 40 seconds between plays. Everything flows from that lack of urgency - including the D having all day to line up and T-off on the O line. Willy had his best sequences as QB here in the tempo or hurry-up. Saying that, I doubt he'll be a starter in any pro league next year.

Edited by Doublezero

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Ray made that OL look bad too, so did Killgore, maybe, just maybe the argos OL sucks too? I mean they got no push on 3rd and short all game. I know it's popular around here to keep shitting on Willy but the guy is getting no time at all. 

Gad man, are you still fretting about poor Willy?  Let it go, Willy is gone and we can all "Celebrate! Celebrate! Dance to the music, yeahhhh!"

As Floyd said in another post, Willy finally put the Bombers in the playoffs!

The confident Willy, who we saw here initially (and got people excited)....the guy who would hang in the pocket until the last nanosecond to deliver accurate balls to the 2nd and 3rd read......is at this point, a pretty distant memory.   Too bad, but see no evidence of a turn around.   Guys with limited mobility, who won't or can't get it down the field - are not what you can hang your hat on.    As well, the Argos are a pretty crappy team at this point....

14 hours ago, 17to85 said:

yeah cause he's getting hammered like he was here. How come people are so willing to put it all on the qb when the team around him clearly has a ton of issues? 

Maybe because Dan Lefevour has outplayed him this season?

26 minutes ago, do or die said:

The confident Willy, who we saw here initially (and got people excited)....the guy who would hang in the pocket until the last nanosecond to deliver accurate balls to the 2nd and 3rd read......is at this point, a pretty distant memory.   Too bad, but see no evidence of a turn around.   Guys with limited mobility, who won't or can't get it down the field - are not what you can hang your hat on.    As well, the Argos are a pretty crappy team at this point....

Most of that is who they have had playing QB this season. They looked pretty good when Trevor Harris was leading them last season. Kind of how we look totally different with a capable guy at QB. Pretty simple. 

The corps of the receiving for the argos got up and left....Built in excuse for Willy BUT they still have some gamers that can catch....he didn't get the ball there...Looked oh so much like the qb. we dumped and it looks like Willy will become the serviceable qb. in T.O, most of us thought he was  ....and shall remain....Mark that trade by Walters as an A PLUS..

15 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Willy reminds me of Kerwin Bell. He's failed to adjust to the 20 second clock in the CFL. Thinks he's still in college and has 40 seconds between plays. Everything flows from that lack of urgency - including the D having all day to line up and T-off on the O line. Willy had his best sequences as QB here in the tempo or hurry-up. Saying that, I doubt he'll be a starter in any pro league next year.

There really isn't a huge difference in time between plays in the leagues. In the NFL the play clock starts immediately after the previous play ends. In the CFL it starts once the ball is placed and the play is whistled in which in reality, makes the CFL play clock about 30, and even 35 or more seconds sometimes. 

You're right though that Willy is over-thinking things and hurting from a weird lack of urgency required to play at this level.

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

The biggest concern for Calgary right now will be rust... they have now clinched 1st in the west... combined that with having a week 20 bye... they have 3 consecutive weeks of meaningless football and no games at all from Oct 31-Nov 19... 

This happened to the 2001 Bombers too - got too complacent in the final weeks after clinching early and then ran into a hot Stamps team that was on a roll in the Grey Cup.