Lions @ Bombers Post Game Discussion

iso_55

When one whole leg is nearly flat on the ground and the ball comes out it is hard for me to call it a fumble. They called an Arcenaux juggling act a catch and allowed either Fogg or Dressler to be tackled out of bounds. Seems that BC doesn't have much to whine about as the game could have easily gone a lot worse for them. They lost the game on a bad play call on third and one and several failed red zone series. They should be looking at the things they did wrong not one call by the officials. The officials did not cost them ****.

4 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Other than going Zapruder on this thing, the only additional comment I can make on the Harris play is...look to his left hand. Is there enough evidence to suggest that the left hand was not in play on the ball.

After watching the replay I'm not sure anyone could have seen that far down.:)

6 hours ago, O2L said:

Last time I checked, a fumble recovery doesn't result in points unless it happens in the end zone, so even if this ruling was overturned, BC would've still needed to score and there's no guarantee of that happening. Everyone is acting like that call cost them the game. What cost them the game was not being able to convert on third and one because Khari got lazy and tried to call the same play that got them a 50 yard TD earlier. Went back to the well one too many times and Mo was ready for it. 

Everybody ASSUMES the Lions would have scored.

Well ... this thread shows me who is here to actually talk football and who is here to I don't want to say complain so let's just call it.... ***** about the bombers regardless of a win or loss.  I mean really... we won the Damn game.... because for the most part we were the better team. But I guess that's not important to some people.... some would rather ***** about how we won. 

Bottom line.. we got 2 points. They got none.  All bomber fans should be happy with the win. 

Just curious what those bitching about the win would say I'd this happened to us instead? 

Also.... let's stop pretending that the command center was wrong and ppl watching on TV were right.  

10 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

On this topic, been reading fans who say the rules state that the whistle blowing does not negate a fumble if the ball is coming out? I've read the 2016 CFL rules and can't find anything like this. Anybody?

The rule is if the ballcarrier is ruled down by contact but when reviewed the replay shows the ball was out before he was down and it was immediately recovered by the defensive player that it is a turnover.

It is in the review section of the rule book.

48 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

The rule is if the ballcarrier is ruled down by contact but when reviewed the replay shows the ball was out before he was down and it was immediately recovered by the defensive player that it is a turnover.

It is in the review section of the rule book.

I get that. However the whistle had blown ending the play. That was my question as they seemed to be indicating the whistle had no effect.

I'll take a missed call next week as well if the officials are willing to give us one (the Harris non fumble wasn't a missed call I'm just fing with ya cause it's interesting to see this place burn down after a win ;)).

Edited by IC Khari

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Well ... this thread shows me who is here to actually talk football and who is here to I don't want to say complain so let's just call it.... ***** about the bombers regardless of a win or loss.  I mean really... we won the Damn game.... because for the most part we were the better team. But I guess that's not important to some people.... some would rather ***** about how we won. 

Bottom line.. we got 2 points. They got none.  All bomber fans should be happy with the win. 

Just curious what those bitching about the win would say I'd this happened to us instead? 

Also.... let's stop pretending that the command center was wrong and ppl watching on TV were right.  

I thought it was a fumble - we were lucky to have the call go our way on a very close play

I really don't give a damn if that makes me a complainer

The people in the command centre are human beings

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I thought it was a fumble - we were lucky to have the call go our way on a very close play

I really don't give a damn if that makes me a complainer

The people in the command centre are human beings

But they also had the best view in the house. My guess.... there was no evidence that he fumbled b4 he was down by contact. 

4 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I'd say 1971. Wingback (now called slot) Bob Kraemer threw 2 that year, I believe. He was the Bisons qb when they won back to back Vanier Cups in 1969 & 70.

Wow! That is trivia erudition. I remember Bobby Kraemer with the Blue - Don Jonas was the regular QB I think. I was a kid playing football for Clifton Cougars back then. You could actually stand on the sidelines at Winnipeg Stadium during the CFL games, right on the sideline just down from the players bench around the 15-20 yard line or so and watch from there. If you behaved yourself no one would boot you out. Did that with a couple of buddies most games.

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Wow! That is trivia erudition. I remember Bobby Kraemer with the Blue - Don Jonas was the regular QB I think. I was a kid playing football for Clifton Cougars back then. You could actually stand on the sidelines at Winnipeg Stadium during the CFL games, right on the sideline just down from the players bench around the 15-20 yard line or so and watch from there. If you behaved yourself no one would boot you out. Did that with a couple of buddies most games.

Did you ever sit in the Salisbury End Zone? Tickets were 50 cents each for sale at every Sal's restaurant. So one day in August, 1969 my friend & I biked down to a Sal's on Pembina Hwy & bought 2 tickets. Bombers vs Riders won 16-14 by the Bombers. The first CFL game I ever attended & I was hooked. That same season I saw Ed Ulmer punt the ball 91 yards from that south end zone vs the Lions. He had the wind at his back when he launched that rocket.  :)

Edited by iso_55

8 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I get that. However the whistle had blown ending the play. That was my question as they seemed to be indicating the whistle had no effect.

And you know that if there is a fumble the players are told to try to recover it even if the whistle has blown in case a challenge shows the player was not down by contact. That's the only scenario that I know of for the whistle not having an effect. 

7 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Did you ever sit in the Salisbury End Zone? Tickets were 50 cents each for sale at every Sal's restaurant. So one day in August, 1969 my friend & I biked down to a Sal's on Pembina Hwy & bought 2 tickets. Bombers vs Riders won 16-14 by the Bombers. The first CFL game I ever attended & I was hooked. That same season I saw Ed Ulmer punt the ball 91 yards from that south end zone vs the Lions. He had the wind at his back when he launched that rocket.  :)

It was a different era. Not necessarily better or worse than now, just different. But it was more innocent somehow.

Everyone who keeps saying the whistle blew before the ball was out needs to go watch it again. It wasn't even close. The whistle blew well after Harris had hit the ground and the ball came out. I thought so too at the game but was WAY wrong. There's a reason why science tells us not to rely on eye witness accounts.

3 minutes ago, Plaxico said:

Everyone who keeps saying the whistle blew before the ball was out needs to go watch it again. It wasn't even close. The whistle blew well after Harris had hit the ground and the ball came out. I thought so too at the game but was WAY wrong. There's a reason why science tells us not to rely on eye witness accounts.

I was at the game too and thought it was a fumble. But the game officials saw what they saw and they did not call it. If they saw a fumble, they surely  would have called it. And CFL Central Command saw nothing in the tv replays to overturn the non-call on the field. I wonder why it was reviewed? What prompted that? Anyone know?

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎09 at 0:40 AM, Dragon37 said:

Other than not calling holding and the blown PI calls on BC. The refs did a decent job. 

I know they could call holding on almost every play but man they missed some really flagrant ones against BC.  There's a guy who sits behind us every game that yells :" HOLDING!!" constantly....was glad he wasn't there because I'd be deaf(er).

8 hours ago, iso_55 said:

I sat in that section lots.....didn't mind the end zone view at all, no drinking so much less stupidity. It was great!

21 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

I was at the game too and thought it was a fumble. But the game officials saw what they saw and they did not call it. If they saw a fumble, they surely  would have called it. And CFL Central Command saw nothing in the tv replays to overturn the non-call on the field. I wonder why it was reviewed? What prompted that? Anyone know?

All turn overs are automatically reviewed.

The rule and ruling are separate issues.

Take the emotion out of the call.

Its quite simple. There was a ruling on the field. There was insufficient evidence to overturn the ruling. The call on the field stands. If it was ruled a fumble..the same command decision would have been handed down. Insufficient evidence to overturn.

S**t happens.