Matt Nichols To Be "Mic-ed Up" This Weekend

Noeller

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/cfl-on-tsn-delivers-a-triple-threat-of-live-mic-broadcasts-on-thanksgiving-weekend-october-7-10/

Among 3 games, the Bombers vs BC will feature the TSN "MIC-ed" up thing they did earlier this year between Calgary and Hamilton. Not sure how I feel about this. I know MOS said he was dead against it, when asked earlier in the year...

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

That mic'd up crap did absolutely nothing to make the game better from a viewer standpoint.   The Cadence being barked out means absolutely nothing to those not familiar with the playbook and call so it's really a useless novelty

Completely agree. I thought it took away from the game.

If the CFL really wants to sell the game make it affordable to buy game day tickets. I'm not saying end zone seats should be $5 or ten bucks. But decent seats shouldn't be nearly $85 per ticket like they are to sit on the 30 yard line at McMahon Stadium here in Calgary. It's almost as if the CFL has set pricing at a point they know will never sell but if they do is just a bonus. Or they just don't care anymore about attendance as there isn't much of a walk up crowd anymore..

Edited by iso_55

a lot of the pricing probably coincides with the TV deal they have. back when home games were blacked out, if you wanted to see the game, you buy a ticket and attendance was probably better, and more people = more gate revenue. now you can watch everything so theres less reason to show up. I'm fine with it either way but i think last time i checked cheapest tickets at IGF were like $35 

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

a lot of the pricing probably coincides with the TV deal they have. back when home games were blacked out, if you wanted to see the game, you buy a ticket and attendance was probably better, and more people = more gate revenue. now you can watch everything so theres less reason to show up. I'm fine with it either way but i think last time i checked cheapest tickets at IGF were like $35 

we bought 15 tickets to the home opener against Montreal for $300.  Special deal the Bombers do for group purchases.  We also got sideline passes for the pre-game warm-up.  Extremely good value!   Not sure if other teams do this but its a great idea.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

7 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

we bought 15 tickets to the home opener against Montreal for $300.  Special deal the Bombers do for group purchases.  We also got sideline passes for the pre-game warm-up.  Extremely good value!   Not sure if other teams do this but its a great idea.

That is great value.

But for a few buddies or a family of four, your paying full retail.

I would be very on board with cheaper pricing points for crappy seats and/or price slashing sales in the 48 hours/24 hours prior to game time to increase walk up. 1000 tickets for $20/seat or something like that.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Really wish I was able to go to the game Saturday instead of having to go home and listen to this nonsense. You know what doesn't happen?

Nichols: 82! 82! PINEAPPLE! Z DROP Z DROP! 82! AVALANCHE KUMQUAT GBILL HUT! HUT!

Me: I am so much wiser now.

That.

I know someone who would cream their pants if that was actually part of the QB's cadence...

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

Really wish I was able to go to the game Saturday instead of having to go home and listen to this nonsense. You know what doesn't happen?

Nichols: 82! 82! PINEAPPLE! Z DROP Z DROP! 82! AVALANCHE KUMQUAT GBILL HUT! HUT!

Me: I am so much wiser now.

That.

Hearing the guys trash talk or banter on the sidelines or celebrate in the locker room is far more entertaining than nonsensical QB play calls...

11 hours ago, iso_55 said:

If the CFL really wants to sell the game make it affordable to buy game day tickets. I'm not saying end zone seats should be $5 or ten bucks. But decent seats shouldn't be nearly $85 per ticket like they are to sit on the 30 yard line at McMahon Stadium here in Calgary. It's almost as if the CFL has set pricing at a point they know will never sell but if they do is just a bonus. Or they just don't care anymore about attendance as there isn't much of a walk up crowd anymore..

That and stop killing the game with too many penalties and replays. But you're absolutely right. Tickets are getting too expensive. It's like 35 bucks to sit in the crappiest seats in McMahon and I'm not saying 35 bucks is a ton of money but it's getting out of that affordable family fun range. CFL has always been about accessibility and the pricing is getting away from that. 

6 hours ago, Jesse said:

That is great value.

But for a few buddies or a family of four, your paying full retail.

I would be very on board with cheaper pricing points for crappy seats and/or price slashing sales in the 48 hours/24 hours prior to game time to increase walk up. 1000 tickets for $20/seat or something like that.

The most economical individual seats at IGF are $25.75/ea.  Cheapest seats by team (regular seating, non-youth):

Lions: $35

Stampeders: $34.50

Eskimos: $30

Riders: $36

Argonauts: $20

Ticats: $35.50

Alouettes: $29

RedBlacks: $27

Ticats and Alouettes have general admission areas that are $27 and $25 respectively. 

If you are a family of 4 I almost always recommend the Co-op Family 4-Pack which is 4 tickets in the end zone and a parking pass for $125.  That's a $60 savings.

can you buy tickets directly from the bombers? I know for the first game vs edmonton at home (July 17th) i bought 5 tickets in the endzone (Listed at $41.00 ea) but got charged an additional $6/ticket just for going through ticketmaster. $30 extra isnt all that much but after tax and this ticketmaster fee what would be $205 for the 5 tickets ended up being $265 

18 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

can you buy tickets directly from the bombers? I know for the first game vs edmonton at home (July 17th) i bought 5 tickets in the endzone (Listed at $41.00 ea) but got charged an additional $6/ticket just for going through ticketmaster. $30 extra isnt all that much but after tax and this ticketmaster fee what would be $205 for the 5 tickets ended up being $265 

Yeah the service fee would be $5.25/ticket so you would have paid another $26.25.  The Co-op deal would have been great for you as the service fee is included.  In your case using the Co-op 4 pack you could have gotten the tickets AND a parking pass and then bought the 5th ticket separately and spent $171.25.