GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg

Rich

Forecast for kickoff tonight is 17 degrees with a SE 17 km/h wind.   It should cool down to 13 degrees by the time the game is over.  Cloudy with little chance of rain.  Should be a beautiful fall night for football.

Edmonton is 4 points back of the Bombers with the season series between the two teams tied.  Win this game and you get the tie breaker, go up by 6 points and more or less guarantee a playoff spot.  Lose this game and Edmonton is only 2 points back and holds the tie breaker.

Bombers have BC and Ottawa back to back to end the season.  

Edmonton has Montreal, BC, Hamilton, and Toronto.

An important game for the Bombers to bounce back from the loss last week and cement their playoff hopes.

For as much as people made out last game to be the measuring stick for the Bombers, I think we learn a lot more about them in this game.

Can they bounce back from a tough loss?  Can they win a huge game at home with big playoff implications?

Once again the defence needs to step up and the offence needs to play turnover-free football.  Limit Reilly's running ability... big game for the defensive line and linebackers.

Looking forward to a barnburner, a real hootenanny.

7 minutes ago, Atomic said:

For as much as people made out last game to be the measuring stick for the Bombers, I think we learn a lot more about them in this game.

Can they bounce back from a tough loss?  Can they win a huge game at home with big playoff implications?

Once again the defence needs to step up and the offence needs to play turnover-free football.  Limit Reilly's running ability... big game for the defensive line and linebackers.

Looking forward to a barnburner, a real hootenanny.

a got dang slobberknocker

The Bombers we've known a long time would lose this game and start spiralling out of control. The question is, is this the Bombers we've known the last several years, or is this the Bombers of the 7 game win streak who just always seem to find a way to win...? 

We need to win this one, because it gets harder from here on out. Edmonton is the only sub .500 team we play for the rest of the regular season, likely the playoffs too. Win and we get a playoff spot. Lose and we go into back to back with BC on a 2 game losing streak, likely down by 2 points, they'll have a game in hand and the easier schedule (2 against Regina instead of Ottawa). 

It will be really interesting to see if we bounce back from last weeks loss or if we fall back into the first half of the seasons level of play. Can we hold Reilly, Bowman and Walker in check? Can we force enough turn overs? Will Edmonton's O line hold up? Will their D line get enough pressure to limit our offensive output enough to win? Will the fan noise be the difference? 

Can't wait for this 'playoff' style of game.

I'm looking for the offense, defense, and special teams to play a full game of football. No one can afford to take a half or even a quarter off. By this point in the season there are no excuses. 

I'd really like to see Reilly, on the sidelines, giving **** to his offensive line..

I'd really like to see Bowman give up on a fight for the ball, like he did in his last game.

I'd really like to see no Eskimo somersaults by their D-Line.

But most of all, I really want us to play with a lead...the whole game.