Trouba wants out (Trouba has signed)

FrostyWinnipeg

1 minute ago, IC Khari said:

Assuming he isn't traded before this contract is up, when can we realistically expect him to start for us?

top 4, either side. 22-25 mins a night?

He's getting dealt, that's where all signs point.

But if not.... you play him and play him often.  He's 10x the player Chairot, Melchiori, Postma and Stuart are.

Dreger. Lawless etc don't expect him to be dealt unless the Jets get exactly what they want for him and that's a similar aged LHD. Those players are few and far between. He will be here a while still... lawless and Dreger even thinks it's possible he signs long term July 1st when he can. 

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Can they send him to Moose for conditioning?

Why would they. Hes better than melchiori Chiarot Stuart Postma etc. Could they? Sure. Will they? No. The moose are off to California 

Edited by Goalie

So is this true that Trouba can get a bump on his unrestricted status?

This is a deal designed to be used to trade Trouba. Make no mistake Jets fans that the 2012 first round pick is staying here for longer. If a deal is not hammered out for a trade Trouba will elect to go to arbitration and then request a one year deal and can be a UFA after that. 

So he can be a UFA in three years?

30 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

This is a deal designed to be used to trade Trouba. Make no mistake Jets fans that the 2012 first round pick is staying here for longer. If a deal is not hammered out for a trade Trouba will elect to go to arbitration and then request a one year deal and can be a UFA after that. 

27 or 7 years played is it not?

40 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

No. 

He's still rfa for 2 years after this contract. 

45 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He'll be around for awhile. It's a compromise. Jets gave in on a bridge. Trouba gave in on coming back for lower money than he could have and is still an RFA in two heads. Do we do this dance again in two years?

In reality he could sign an extension July 1st 

34 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The thing ppl miss in all this. .. Jets Never wanted to trade him and only would if they got back a top 4 22 23 year old LHD. Until someone offers that.... Trouba is a Jet. 

And we go through this song and dance two years from now. Another bridge. Which is funny cause if that Happened trouba would have played here for four years and left millions on the table. Unlikely though. 

Just like Kane jets will hope trouba magically decides he loves wpg. And just like Kane he won't. And will be traded next year 

Y
Trouba will have arbitration rights after this contract .

Let's say Trouba asks for arbitration, then the Jets can say 1 or 2 years and they will say 1.....in another year he asks for arbitration and is an UFA after that year so...the 2 year he just signed plus two arbitration years and then his is an UFA.....chances are he is dealt before the expansion draft.

Most talk is fan speculation tho. Chevy even said that pretty much. The whole doesn't want to play in winnipeg or Canada thing was debunked. 

I think myers or enstrom is dealt before the expansion draft . Jets will not trade trouba. I don't see it happening. Or they protect 4 D and 4 forwards and lose a Dano Armia Lowry type who are a lot easier to replace 

Edited by Goalie

Or they pay for LV not picking one...

"There are longstanding relationships that go deeper than the game," Cheveldayoff said. "I've got a picture in my office of me shaking his hand when we drafted him; I care about how he's doing. … I'm glad we were able to get this done and that he's a part of our group again.

"He's a hockey player and he wants to play. I'm glad he has that opportunity now."