Trouba wants out (Trouba has signed)

FrostyWinnipeg

national post two days ago...

Five months after his client requested a trade out of Winnipeg, agent Kurt Overhardt said he has no idea where or when Jacob Trouba will find a new home. But he does not believe the Jets are keeping the restricted free agent defenceman waiting out of spite.

During Saturday’s Hockey Night In Canada broadcast, Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman said “There’s a real sense that (the Jets) want (Trouba) to feel — I don’t know if pain is the right word — but ‘You’re asking out so we want to make you wait.’ ”

Overhardt, who insisted he has a “very positive relationship” with the Jets ownership and management, is unaware of any animosity.

“It shouldn’t be personal,” said Overhardt, who added Trouba has been skating daily at his home in the Michigan area. “Any attitude towards that would be personal, because we’ve been very upfront since our meetings in May, which I’ve disclosed before. So I’m confident that we’ll work through this and that the organization will do the right thing and both parties will benefit. I really do.

“We continue to speak to the club — everything’s amicable — and we continue to speak to other organizations, because we’re allowed to because he’s a Group 2. We’re trying to facilitate moving this forward.”

When asked if Trouba could end up returning to the Jets, similar to how Jonathan Drouin returned to the Tampa Bay Lightning after requesting a trade last year, Overhardt emphasized that the situations are entirely different.

“People use that comparison … and as you know this is nothing like Drouin,” said Overhardt. “Drouin walked away from his obligations in the contract. My client has not done that. Anyone that has drawn that parallel knows nothing about this business in my opinion.”

4 minutes ago, Ducky said:

national post two days ago...

Five months after his client requested a trade out of Winnipeg, agent Kurt Overhardt said he has no idea where or when Jacob Trouba will find a new home. But he does not believe the Jets are keeping the restricted free agent defenceman waiting out of spite.

During Saturday’s Hockey Night In Canada broadcast, Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman said “There’s a real sense that (the Jets) want (Trouba) to feel — I don’t know if pain is the right word — but ‘You’re asking out so we want to make you wait.’ ”

Overhardt, who insisted he has a “very positive relationship” with the Jets ownership and management, is unaware of any animosity.

“It shouldn’t be personal,” said Overhardt, who added Trouba has been skating daily at his home in the Michigan area. “Any attitude towards that would be personal, because we’ve been very upfront since our meetings in May, which I’ve disclosed before. So I’m confident that we’ll work through this and that the organization will do the right thing and both parties will benefit. I really do.

“We continue to speak to the club — everything’s amicable — and we continue to speak to other organizations, because we’re allowed to because he’s a Group 2. We’re trying to facilitate moving this forward.”

When asked if Trouba could end up returning to the Jets, similar to how Jonathan Drouin returned to the Tampa Bay Lightning after requesting a trade last year, Overhardt emphasized that the situations are entirely different.

“People use that comparison … and as you know this is nothing like Drouin,” said Overhardt. “Drouin walked away from his obligations in the contract. My client has not done that. Anyone that has drawn that parallel knows nothing about this business in my opinion.”

I guess I'm one of those people. Should he not technically be on the ice as he's still under contract?

I dont believe they want to make him sit.  I do believe they are perfectly willing to let him sit unless they get what they want.  If someone came along with a great trade offer tomorrow, I dont see the Jets saying "thats great, its what we want, but darn it, we're going to decline because we want him to feel some pain".  Its just a matter of the Jets arent saying "we are really missing this guy and need to fill this void ASAP". 

Its the correct perspective in my opinion.  Trouba chose to sit (which is his right) and can sign a reasonable offer and come back whenever he wants.  So the Jets should feel no pressure to take less or pay more to make him happy.

He is probably going to have to sign. It seems like it's just going in circles and goes back to his agent saying it's not about Winnipeg.  It's about being a RHD.  He probably said it's not about Winnipeg because he knows in the end... Troubas only real options are to sign here or sit the entire season and I don't think sitting the entire season is a legit option. 

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If he does go beyond Dec 1, it opens up another "Kane" option, where the Jets can rope a lower tier team who is desperate to finish last into trading good assets for a player like Trouba who they want...but dont want this season.

Patrick isn't McDavid or Eichel tho. And Trouba wouldn't have played for a full year. He's either signed or traded by the Jets before Dec 1st or not signed and traded at the draft. 

This from Peter Tessier (jets blogger)

Trouba will be back within two weeks with the Jets. Contract details being finalized and he’s getting ready to go. Just spoke with person he works with.

He further says Trouba is preparing to return and contract is being worked on as we speak.  Expect 6 year deal similar to Lindholm.

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

This from Peter Tessier (jets blogger)

Trouba will be back within two weeks with the Jets. Contract details being finalized and he’s getting ready to go. Just spoke with person he works with.

He further says Trouba is preparing to return and contract is being worked on as we speak.  Expect 6 year deal similar to Lindholm.

How reliable is Peter?

Just now, JCon said:

How reliable is Peter?

Im not sure.  I cant say I recall him ever breaking news or anything.  He seems to collect information and present it in a solid manner.  He always has the fancy stats etc.  More of an analyst than a news guy.  But he claims he was told this by someone close to Trouba so I would suspect someone DID tell Peter this if thats what Peter says.  I wouldnt expect him to make it up.  But no telling how good the info is.

But its worth a discussion point.

I think this is the post @The Unknown Poster was referencing.  

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see much of substance there.

Yes....as we approach Dec.1 a resolution of some kind becomes more likely.  I just don't know how anyone not named Chevy, Overhardt or Trouba can claim to be in the know on these things.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Peter-Tessier/How-might-the-Trouba-situation-unfold/161/80220

Just now, Jimmy Pop said:

I think this is the post @The Unknown Poster was referencing.  

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see much of substance there.

Yes....as we approach Dec.1 a resolution of some kind becomes more likely.  I just don't know how anyone not named Chevy, Overhardt or Trouba can claim to be in the know on these things.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Peter-Tessier/How-might-the-Trouba-situation-unfold/161/80220

Yes sorry, I meant to include the link.