Trouba wants out (Trouba has signed)

FrostyWinnipeg

19 hours ago, Goalie said:

I think trouba gonna sign with the jets shortly. Call it a hunch. I also wouldn't be surprised if Myers is then traded 

I can't see the Jets trading away Myers unless Chevy is forced to or another GM hit his head and offers up something ridiculous.  

Like I've said about Buff (whom we locked up long term), Myers is a special player with skills, size and reach that don't come around to often. Why give him to someone else? Imo, and it's only my opinion, some posters here underestimate Myers. He still has more to bring to the table.  I want to be the beneficiary of that if at all possible.

35 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I can't see the Jets trading away Myers unless Chevy is forced to or another GM hit his head and offers up something ridiculous.  

Like I've said about Buff (whom we locked up long term), Myers is a special player with skills, size and reach that don't come around to often. Why give him to someone else? Imo, and it's only my opinion, some posters here underestimate Myers. He still has more to bring to the table.  I want to be the beneficiary of that if at all possible.

how long you willing to wait?

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

how long you willing to wait?

He's 26 years old just hitting his stride. Plus he brings a lot already, so your question implies underachieving which I would suggest not. 

He has more to give but already brings a lot, so waiting isn't much of an issue imo.

Right now with what he has now, he could be considered elite. He is not your average NHL d-man.

Tyler Myers is elite? Do you know what that does to your credibility? Buff might be the only Jet to be considered elite but nowhere is Myers considered an elite D man. He simply isn't good enough defensively to be considered elite and the only way he uses his size is his reach and long stick....he plays waaaaaaaaaaay too soft and would be MUCH better if he had more of a physical element to his game.

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

Tyler Myers is elite? Do you know what that does to your credibility? Buff might be the only Jet to be considered elite but nowhere is Myers considered an elite D man. He simply isn't good enough defensively to be considered elite and the only way he uses his size is his reach and long stick....he plays waaaaaaaaaaay too soft and would be MUCH better if he had more of a physical element to his game.

Elite doesn't mean world beater and what an odd thing to say about me. You underestimate Tyler Myers and what he brings to this team. He's one of the reasons the Jets are close to being a playoff bound team. Yes he has weaknesses but he's a special player that's fun to watch.  You seem to have this pretty intense disdain for him that seems to be misguided and a bit weird.

Myers has also been playing hurt for the past few years. He said it himself. He wishes he would have had the surgery he had in spring a while ago. 

I would call a former Calder trophy winner a pretty exceptional player. Elite? Depends on your definition but I'm not going to argue either way until I see him play this season. 

Myers is a fine #2 rhd. I'd just prefer the 22 year old with the number 1 pair rhd upside to the 26 year old #2. 

If Myers being traded means trouba signs. .. yeah I'd trade Myers but reading between the lines a bit... Trouba wants out or somebody wants him out. Daddy trouba probably playing a role here. That app thing and all that junk. I think Jacob likes Winnipeg.  I don't think it's a winnipeg issue as much is it a wants to play in a larger American market so his dad can well.... market the trouba brand. Eventho jacob lacks the personality and probably ability to be the superstar daddy trouba wants him to be 

Edited by Goalie

I guess what's annoying about this trouba stuff is.... there's lots of speculation but very little fact. If he came out and said I want to be closer to home or even play in the States. ... ok cool but it's basically been a bunch of bs followed by more bs 

Edited by Goalie

I saw someone attribute to Lawless that Trouba's gf is a med student (or soon to be med student) who wants to attend a US school.  I generally find NHL players seem to think less about the city than fans and media do.  But a young kid who everyone says is great with family that wants to be in the US and think he should call his own shot?

Westwood thinks Trouba is willing to sit out a season.  I dont.  Look at the RFA's that signed this week.  They used their leverage to miss training camp and maybe squeeze a few more dollars, maybe not.  But Johnny Hockey said "Missing games was never an option".  Not only is Trouba missing games, money he likely never gets back, but an entire season?  He lowers his asking price by doing that, does nothing to improve his own leverage.  His agent doesnt make money when he's not getting paid for a year.  If the Jets are patient, Trouba comes back.  Unless Overhardt can arrange a heck of a trade option for the Jets...which I doubt.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Not sure why everyone wants to trade all players who aren't on the first line.  Myers is a RHD2.  OK.  We need that.  We have 3 d-pairings.  A RHD2 is required.

I'd only trade Myers if it meant the 22 year old would sign but since that won't happen... I'll gladly keep myers 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

On Rich Ralph's show today, he had a reporter from Boston on.  This reporter said he spoke directly to a high placed source within the Bruins who confirmed they DID threaten to offer-sheet Trouba but Chevy didnt blink.

Blink? Good god, I bet Chevy was hoping for Four-1st rounders! Some of those will be lottery picks, I think.

(Chevy's not an idiot, unlike, Sweeney)

Trouba re-signing is the most likely option.  Seems to be the consensus too.  Lawless sure thinks so.  Morrissey has been good which takes some pressure off.  Interestingly, Myers hasnt been that good so if Trouba was here, he may have had a solid shot at that 2RHD spot.  Then again, left vs right is just a red herring.

This was discussed on coach's corner.  Cherry asked "does he hate Winnipeg that much?" And Ron replied "he must, that has to be it."  Cherry went on to say Winnipeg was one of his favorite cities in the world.

30 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Trouba re-signing is the most likely option.  Seems to be the consensus too.  Lawless sure thinks so.  Morrissey has been good which takes some pressure off.  Interestingly, Myers hasnt been that good so if Trouba was here, he may have had a solid shot at that 2RHD spot.  Then again, left vs right is just a red herring.

This was discussed on coach's corner.  Cherry asked "does he hate Winnipeg that much?" And Ron replied "he must, that has to be it."  Cherry went on to say Winnipeg was one of his favorite cities in the world.

The bolded should be "as expected" although he wasn't too bad last night. Trouba was/is slotted in as a partner to Buff...

Trouba Buff is way better than Morrissey Buff...Morrissey has been good and has been consistent too if you ask me.

The team is missing Trouba and Little and it is showing......what happens if/when MP goes down??? Burmi as 2C and Lowry 3C and Copp 4C? I guess Petan might be given a shot...we need C depth almost as bad as D depth.

Connor needs to worry about his D game, his O game is fine...he needs to be smarter in his own zone and worry about his check.