Trouba wants out (Trouba has signed)

FrostyWinnipeg

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

You know what tho, Why not just come out and say, you want to player closer to home for family reasons. I'd accept that over the dog and pony show that we have gotten. 

If parents are meddling the guy should tell them to back off. He's a grown man capable of thinking for himself. He doesn't need Mommy & Daddy getting involved like he's in Grade 6.

I 100% believe the mommy and daddy are calling the shots.

Remember on this very same board about a year or two ago when I said that his mom and dad came to town and they had an intervention with Jacob because of the rumors we are not to speak of.

Former roomates with Bogo...  all the other crap we have heard rumours of that ended up being true...  the Setoguchi story...

I think his parents want him closer to home so that they can keep an eye on him and keep him out of trouble...

Lawless says "Trouba isn't going to come to camp and fight it out for the 2RHD position and that doesn't sound right" but is he battling for 2RHD or was he already inked in at 1LHD?

edit... one could also argue Trouba was mismanaged by being paired with Stuart  for so long.

Edited by Ducky

45 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I 100% believe the mommy and daddy are calling the shots.

Remember on this very same board about a year or two ago when I said that his mom and dad came to town and they had an intervention with Jacob because of the rumors we are not to speak of.

Former roomates with Bogo...  all the other crap we have heard rumours of that ended up being true...  the Setoguchi story...

I think his parents want him closer to home so that they can keep an eye on him and keep him out of trouble...

I think that it''s pretty well common knowledge that Bogo and Trouba were tied at the hip in there late night adventures.

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

"Jacob Trouba wants out of Winnipeg" - lawless on 1290 just now. It's not about right or left side. It's about being closer to home. Come out and say that then instead of bsing people. 

You still haven't provided any type of source or link to prove it. Repeating it over and over and over again doesn't make it true.

Good interview. Lawless flat out asked if the jets were allowed to tender an offer. He asked it twice and agent said we aren't negotiating

so there it is. Trouba won't even allow the jets to make him an offer. 

Hustler asked If trouba would report if he was made RHD and agent got pissy. There is nothing that will keep him here 

rememeber that story about troub wanting $7m? I bet that was leaked by another team that the agent was talking to.... 

Bye bye trouba. Wrong kind of character for what the Jets are building. Never sad to see a guy like that go. 

If we could accept prospects Philly looks like the best option.  Sanheim, Hagg, Morin, and of course Provorov are good young Dmen.  But does Philly even have the cap space to offer Trouba what he wants?  Judging by that NHL Cap website they don't.  Would have to take back a big chunk of salary.  Of course I'd prefer a guy like Lindholm, Murray or even Ristolainen, young but experienced. 

There's no rush though for the Jets here.  Letting Trouba sit means Morrissey gets his chance to shine and Postma can get more ice time too.  I'm ok with seeing those two get more opportunities.  Just keep Stuart in the pressbox and we should be ok for the short term.

19 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Good interview. Lawless flat out asked if the jets were allowed to tender an offer. He asked it twice and agent said we aren't negotiating

so there it is. Trouba won't even allow the jets to make him an offer. 

Hustler asked If trouba would report if he was made RHD and agent got pissy. There is nothing that will keep him here 

rememeber that story about troub wanting $7m? I bet that was leaked by another team that the agent was talking to.... 

Bye bye trouba. Wrong kind of character for what the Jets are building. Never sad to see a guy like that go. 

Just listened to it now.  You summed it up nicely.  I liked Lawless' point where he seemed baffled Trouba wouldn't even come to camp and try to bump Myers down the depth chart, something I think Trouba could certainly have done.  The agent's pissy response aside, I thought that was pretty telling.  Wasn't even going to try and compete.  Trouba was done with the Jets the second the season ended.  Kept a pretty good poker face too all summer, not giving anything away to Wiecek. (although how perceptive is Wiecek really?)

Good talent but at 22 years old if you're this much of a pain in the butt to the Jets, time to move on.  We have other options and will probably get some good talent back in the eventual trade.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Also read on HFBoards that the Jets let Jacob's brother go after the season.   Who was really only given a job to watch over his brother.

Writing was on the wall for this by both sides at the end of last season.

What do you mean by watch over his brother?  Why would they do that?

9 minutes ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

Just listened to it now.  You summed it up nicely.  I liked Lawless' point where he seemed baffled Trouba wouldn't even come to camp and try to bump Myers down the depth chart, something I think Trouba could certainly have done.  The agent's pissy response aside, I thought that was pretty telling.  Wasn't even going to try and compete.  Trouba was done with the Jets the second the season ended.  Kept a pretty good poker face too all summer, not giving anything away to Wiecek. (although how perceptive is Wiecek really?)

Good talent but at 22 years old if you're this much of a pain in the butt to the Jets, time to move on.  We have other options and will probably get some good talent back in the eventual trade.

Trouba was going to play LHD with Buff so how would he bump Myers down is what i was thinking while listening to the interview.