Trouba wants out (Trouba has signed)

FrostyWinnipeg

This is very interesting because it's counter to what we had been told. And actually if you take the player and agent at their word they are saying playing here is not an issue. But I can understand trouba position to a degree

his agent has probably laid out his future compensation based on being a 1RHD. And laid it out for him if he plays a diminished role on the left because he isn't as good or comfortable. 

Keep in mind it seemed the jets plan last season was to trade Buff. If they did this is moot 

clearly the jets feel the player should sign and play where he's told  Maurice has said recently that he sees trouba as 1LHD so knowing the player doesn't want to do that they have publicly said that's his role  

The agent has a strategy but if it's to stay in wpg and get what he wants the posturing could backfire. Chevy could say going public cooled the market and they won't take less than they want so trouba sits out

it could be thi drags til December when Trou a would have to lose the whole season. 

It sucks because the optics will be star players wanting out of winnipeg. Kane and now trouba publicly asking to trades. 

Except trouba isn't a star player..... yet. He thinks he is but he's not. 

He's not a 1 rhd on any team. He's probably a 2 rhd on most but definitely not a 1. 

Lawless saying the ask is a similar age and calibre lhd. Ryan Murray from Columbus. Provorov from Philly.  Klefbom from Edmonton.  Hanifin from Carolina. 

I agree with goalie that the ask is high and the return should be high. Look was Chevy for for known problem and under achiever Kane who was basically awol from the team. 

Trouba will command a big return. Surely the jets want a top four LHD who is expansion draft exempt. Plus a prospect. 

This is the agent though. Hardball. Nothing is promised and trouba wants promises. 

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

the McDavid joke was already done.  And Edmonton has no D and needs D men.  That's why.  Jets have some other spare parts to throw in the deal like Armia/Stafford/Burmi.  

Ummm no. Oilers have Klefbom, Larsson (look up what he did as in minutes played, dzone starts, who he started against, and then see he was a plus 15 on a team that scored fewer than 200 goals) and Sekera. Then there's Nurse, Davidson, Fayne, Reinhart, and Gryba.

Oilers are loaded on the left, afer Larsson they are thin on the right but Fayne is an outstanding dman if he's on third pairing playing against lesser competition. 

But in case you missed it, as soon as the Oilers found out that JP was falling to 4, they stopped talking. The big rumour was us getting Subban for Draisaitl, Klefbom, and a swap of picks (so Montreal could grab Dubois and the Oilers were taking Sergachev ). They want Puljujarvi for McDavid. Who wouldnt' want a 6'3", 210lb 18 year old who thinks the game as well as McDavid? And why would you give that up for a guy who, right now, is nothing but a #4 dman (if he was that 'damn' good he'd have been ahead of Myers but he's not).

So no, Oilers do have dmen, but they don't have enough depth on the right side. But with Nurse having two years, not one, left on his ELC, I wouldn't do that deal (I definitely would from the Jets side).

I like the three way trade being proposed (as in what could happen) with Fowler ending up in Winnipeg (Trouba is too expensive for the Ducks and the Ducks do not need him) - with Anaheim getting something from us (not Nurse though) and Trouba landing here. 

One thing for sure, I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the Jets offices to hear all the different scenario's being bandied about. 

16 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Is Hamonic a RHD or is he a right shot that plays left?

why not swap buff and trouba?  Buff has played left side before. Problem solved. 

Right for both. But he's also on a very cap friendly, long term deal. I also heard a rumour that that trade was proposed but Snow wanted more. Right now, Hamonic is a much better dman than Trouba. Also, where does that help Wpg? You move Myers to 3rd pairing now? Problem (not really a 'problem' per say) in Wpg there are too many RH dmen, no lefties. Oilers are in the exact opposite position. A deal involving those two would make the most sense and (hopefully) make both clubs stronger. I'd rather than then seeing Chevy load up another US team. But sounds like that where Trouba would prefer to go anyway (if anyone here is actually not talking subjectively on where Trouba wants to go)

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

Myers wants to stay while Trouba doesn't. I won't be upset if he's traded. Let him sit even. Trouba has no leverage.

Yup. Bottom line. Trouba doesn't want to play in Canada.  It's not even about Winnipeg here. It's about him and his agent feeling that playing in the states and probably closer to his parents is best for him. Personally... he can sit until a team meets Chevys asking price. Like Perreault said .. the guy played 22 minutes a Night.... how much more time does he want. Once ppl realize it's not about ice time or that stuff and it's about wanting to play where he wants to play.... these stupid trade Myers things will stop. Trade Myers. Trade Buff. Irrelevant.  Trouba doesn't want to play in Canada 

Illegal Curve has an article up with audio and video of reactions from Jets players.  Perreault seems to be the most vocal.

http://illegalcurve.com/2016/09/25/winnipeg-jets-players-react-to-jacob-trouba-trade-request/

This guy plays big minutes, 22 minutes, and he’s gonna complain some sort of way about his ice time. How much more does he want?

It’s a little unfortunate; we like Jacob, he’s been a great player for us," Perreault continued. "We would have hoped he would have, they would have (found) a way to get it done. It’s kind of sad to see. He’s such a young player, obviously. I don’t know, it’s a bit of a weird situation. I’m a little disappointed with (him) saying he wants to get traded. A young player who’s just coming into this league.

"No, we focus on the task at hand. I think we got some good players in here," Perreault said. "I think for his case, you know, it might be even worse not to come play. If we start the year and it goes well, then you know, it feels like we don’t even need you."

And Little

"It’s tough. Obviously, he’s looking for the best thing in his career," said veteran Jets forward Bryan Little. "He’s a good guy, a great guy in the dressing room. Everyone liked him. You wish the best for his future. At the same time, you have 60 guys here who would die to put that jersey on.

"Honestly, it’s tough. He’s friends with us. He’s not just a teammate of ours. Anytime a guy doesn’t want to be here, it’s tough. You wish he’d come back to play and play with us because he brings a lot to our team. At the same time, if he thinks his career can move forward somewhere else, you wish him the best of luck."

Check out lawless twitter. Trouba was supposed to be on h and L... now his agent will be instead. This might just be a tactic by overhardt... a negotiating tactic that perhaps blew up in his face. 

Wonder if Jacob is having a change of heart here or was told to go along with overhardts plan.. just wait .... in a week trouba will fire overhardt 

Maybe trouba doesn't want to leave... maybe he's being told by his agent he should.  Who knows.  His agent is such a ****** and might have met his match with Chevy and TNSE not willing to cave in to his demands 

Edited by Goalie

so basically they are looking for a team to make a lateral trade... except the person the other team would be giving up wouldn't be a problem child with the trade request and quite likely has a better contract than Trouba is looking to get... seems like Trouba will either sit or the Jets will have to change what they expect to get in return. 

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

so basically they are looking for a team to make a lateral trade... except the person the other team would be giving up wouldn't be a problem child with the trade request and quite likely has a better contract than Trouba is looking to get... seems like Trouba will either sit or the Jets will have to change what they expect to get in return. 

Trouba will sit.  Don't see this getting resolved anytime soon.  How the Jets do coming out of the gate may determine who blinks first.  Then again the Jets play in front of a sold out building every night.  And right now, the fan base is on the side of management.  They will also want to send a message to future potential holdouts.

So they are looking for a team to give up a similar player. Need a team who values trouba's upside more than the player they are giving up or someone who wants out of that situation. 

Wait til December when trouba will have to sit the entire season and see if maybe he changes his mind. He might decide he should make his own decisions 

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Why would the jets just let him go to Vegas for nothing. Vegas isn't an option. Dude has a list of acceptable teams... 

Colorado Arizona Detroit Tampa to name a few. Teams he won't play for include all Canadian teams 

Which means diddly squat.  Trouba doesn't have any say in where he would be traded to.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Yup. Bottom line. Trouba doesn't want to play in Canada.  It's not even about Winnipeg here. It's about him and his agent feeling that playing in the states and probably closer to his parents is best for him. Personally... he can sit until a team meets Chevys asking price. Like Perreault said .. the guy played 22 minutes a Night.... how much more time does he want. Once ppl realize it's not about ice time or that stuff and it's about wanting to play where he wants to play.... these stupid trade Myers things will stop. Trade Myers. Trade Buff. Irrelevant.  Trouba doesn't want to play in Canada 

You keep saying he doesn't want to play in Canada. Where's your proof? 

The "wants to play at home" is always a red herring.  it comes up time and again with players who end up signing with teams not at home.  The vast majority of players fully accept that they will play somewhere else in their careers.  "Close to home" might be nice.  Look at Buff.  He signed a long term contract with Atlanta of all places and when asked what would happen if the team moved to Winnipeg he said thats fine, its close to home.  But he still signed in Atlanta.

If Trouba was apart of a winning team, liked his coaches, liked his team mates, liked the city...all things his agent says is true, then Winnipeg wouldnt matter.  Its not often a player like Kane comes along who just flat out doesnt want to be somewhere.  But even to Kane's credit, he asked for a trade every single season and still played hard and quietly.

There is only one home.  And players dont get to choose to go play there.  Thats very rare.  The biggest thing would be taxes if it was me.  But then, everyone should want to play in Florida with no state income tax, but they dont.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nichols-notes/mckenzie-jets-may-seek-high-impact-one-one-trouba-trade/

“There’s lots of interest in him, but there’s maybe not all that many teams that are positioned well to get him,” said McKenzie. “Right now the Winnipeg Jets – if they trade Jacob Trouba, and it is an if because they put out their statement that was kind of a counter to his, basically saying, ‘Hey, we’ll do whatever’s in the best interest of our hockey team.’ But they also know long term that it’s not the best fit and it’s not the best circumstance.

“But right now, the Jets appear to be looking for a high-impact, one-for-one deal. That is ‘Okay, we’re going to trade a guy coming out of entry level who is a right-shot defenseman – which is really valuable in the National Hockey League – and even though we didn’t play him in a Top 4 role because we had Byfuglien and Myers ahead of him on the depth chart, we’re going to treat him as if he’s a Top 4 guy. Therefore, our asking price is we want a Top 4 or top-pairing left-shot defenseman to fill the hole that we would be creating by trading Trouba.’ Because the Jets planned on playing Trouba on the left side with either Byfuglien or Myers this year.

“Well, there’s not that many left-shot, elite defensemen coming out of entry level of like ages and talents. I mean, Rasmus Ristolainen in Buffalo would be one. And I absolutely believe Buffalo would have interest in Jacob Trouba. But not if it means giving up Ristolainen. I do not believe that Buffalo would make that one-for-one trade.

“Anaheim’s got Hampus Lindholm in a situation where he’s a restricted free agent who doesn’t have a contract yet, so even though Sweden is knocked out, he won’t be in camp this week. Similar situation to Trouba. I don’t believe that Anaheim is prepared to trade Hampus Lindholm to Winnipeg in a one-for-one for Trouba.

“So there are teams out there – New York Rangers, Arizona, some others – that would be really interested in Jacob Trouba; but they don’t have the asset that, at this point in time, Winnipeg is demanding in exchange.

“So it’ll be interesting to see how this thing proceeds here over the next little while.”