Trouba wants out (Trouba has signed)

FrostyWinnipeg

4 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Hamonic to Winnipeg?

Why? To play behind Myers and Buff? Wpg needs a Lefty dman, not a right. Oilers are rife with Left dmen and need a right one. That's where the Jets should look but highly unlikely to happen as the teams are in the same conference and conceivably be fighting for a wild card spot

I'm thinking Darnell Nurse. My bet - if Wpg was in the eastern conference a Nurse for Trouba trade may have already occurred. Just a tough call to make when you're talking about two players with such high potential. To me though makes sense. They're almost mirror images of each other and what each team needs. That's why it probably won't happen lol

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I agree totally... who does this guy think he is?   Maybe if he was improving every season and was looking like a top guy in the league  (like Scheif) then he would be in a position of power.   

If he wants out... trade him to Buffalo!  

Gaudreau in Calgary the same. He wants long term $8 mill a year contract based on 1 season. These guys are idiots. Go sit.  They literally have no bargaining power as RFA's. These guys are both Americans &  want to play on American teams.

Edited by iso_55

1 minute ago, iso_55 said:

Gaudreau in Calgary the same. wants long term $8 mill a year contract based on 1 season. These guys are idiots. Go sit.  They literally have no bargaining power as RFA's. These guys are both Americans &  want to play on American teams.

Johnny Hockey has played 2 seasons. 24 and 30g season.

https://www.nhl.com/player/johnny-gaudreau-8476346

8 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

He can sit.

Johnny hockey had a great world cup and is definitely a player I'd pay to see play (even though he plays for those 'evil' FLames lol) but yeah, he hasn't earned 8 million a year yet. I agree that it's possible both he and Trouba want to play in the US, that is entirely possible. For all we know Johnny G has also requested a trade behind the scenes. But I for sure would make him sit, especially for the first two games against the Oilers ;)

Kevin Cheveldayoff, Executive Vice-President & General Manager, today issued the following statement on behalf of the Winnipeg Jets with regards to defenceman Jacob Trouba:

"We are aware of the statement issued by Kurt Overhardt regarding Jacob Trouba.

"Over the last three seasons, Jacob Trouba has played a key role for the Winnipeg Jets and in our view still represents an important part of the long-term future of our club. As such, any decisions made regarding Jacob Trouba will be made in the best interest of the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club.

"As an unsigned player, we cannot compel Jacob to report to training camp at this time. However, we will continue to work diligently to resolve this matter. We will have no further comment on this matter until such time as it is resolved."

14 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Pretty obvious trouba doesn't want to be here tho. Bottom line... if it was about money or anything else he could sign a potential offer sheet but he knows the jets would match it. He wants out. He wants to be in the US. 

Agreed many have speculated that he was not happy playing where the Jets had him playing but 6 m would have smoothed that over, lets face not everyone wants to play here, better it come out now than during the middle of the season.