Eskies at Riders

Tracker

25 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I don't look at it as the Riders won, i look at it as the Eskimos lost, keep then in the rear view mirror

id rather the riders finish 3rd from the bottom any how. Maybe then they keep jones going into next season and dont have the top pick in the draft again. 

Can't help feeling Benevides is in for a quick one and out as DC to be replaced by Noel Thorpe in the off-season.  The Esks are looking more like the team they were 3 years ago than the team they were last year.  Grand ole vets. better start playing for their jobs or there will be mucho turn-over of personnel for next year.

48 minutes ago, LeBird said:

The Riders' fans are lighting up the sky using their supply of fireworks bought for this year's Grey Cup  not realising this was just a regular season win.

those of us old enough to remember the game now known as Banjo Bowl (prior to that name) in September 1998........will fully understand why they'd be reacting this way......

1 hour ago, Jacquie said:

I wonder if Jones has finally learned something - no idiotic challenges and no stupid fakes.

As for Maas' challenge, I don't think it was stupid, just desperate. At that point in the game they had nothing to lose.

Desperation shouldn't be a reason to throw a challenge flag. Changes need to be made in the off season.

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

Mother Nature helped in this one. Reilly thought he was Dieter Brock and threw a stupid pass that was intercepted late. The game didn't end because of that but I knew the riders would win at that point

Plus being able to get a punt single to take it from 8 down to 7 down let them tie it up much easier. 

1 hour ago, Chaosmonkey said:

Plus being able to get a punt single to take it from 8 down to 7 down let them tie it up much easier. 

Esks had terrible field position pretty much the whole game, but from my point of view, Reilly's passing was off all game. I wonder if the beating he has been taking behind that poor 0-line is taking its toll on him.

8 minutes ago, tracker said:

Esks had terrible field position pretty much the whole game, but from my point of view, Reilly's passing was off all game. I wonder if the beating he has been taking behind that poor 0-line is taking its toll on him.

Yeah, he became so Willyish. 

11 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Thanks Riders for FINALLY doing something right this season LOL :)

Yeah, Jones' ego was front and center after the game. I hear that when seeing Cox make that interception Jones mentioned  maybe moving him to receiver and replacing him with Demski.

12 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Desperation shouldn't be a reason to throw a challenge flag. Changes need to be made in the off season.

Eskimo's aren't so good when they aren't getting all the calls. Was nice to finally see Bowman get called for a pick play also, he has been doing it all year.  Game didn't mean anything but it sure felt good to win one at home for all the fans standing by the team through a horrible season.  Did anyone notice Maas totally chewing the ref out when he lost the challenge? That clown needs to get a penalty called against him.

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Eskimo's aren't so good when they aren't getting all the calls. Was nice to finally see Bowman get called for a pick play also, he has been doing it all year.  Game didn't mean anything but it sure felt good to win one at home for all the fans standing by the team through a horrible season.  Did anyone notice Maas totally chewing the ref out when he lost the challenge? That clown needs to get a penalty called against him.

Can't disagree with you there. That was such a no-brainer phony challenge that only Stevie Wonder would have considered throwing that flag. Maas has to be under some pressure, so his fuse is probably getting a bit short.