GDT: Toronto @ Winnipeg

Rich

It's Game Day!

Toronto rolls into town with Drew Willy in tow as Winnipeg tries to extend their 6 game winning streak.

1 PM start.  Forecast is sunny with temperatures around 18 - 20 degrees Celsius with a Southerly 10 km/h wind.  A beautiful fall day for football.

with a fully healthy roster, I really like our chances. Some significant injuries for us, tho....we'll see how we overcome. If I'm the Argos, I wouldn't trust Dan Lefevour two games in a row, but hey, we've made worse look better. Hoping the D comes up huge yet again and carries the day!

5 minutes ago, Zoidberg said:

Taking my 6 year son to his 1st game at IGF,

Been to training camp, practices etc, this is our 1st live game together.

Any tips for taking a youngster to his 1st game? 

Are there any options for leaving early ? ( i have never left a game early, ever )

Any tips? Don't dress the kid in green.

Is there any chance that Kilgore gets to start? Just a happy wish. Even though Milanovich exonerated Kilgore for 4 of 5 interceptions he threw, Kevin Fogg, and Leggett wre caught sending a text message (anonymously) to Milanovich, requesting same.

Bombers have to keep their eye on Diontae Spencer, and keep containment on LeFevour.

Cfl Game Notes

Winnipeg has held 4 of their last 5 opponents to 18 points or less; have not given up 100 rushing yards in the last 9 games.
- Over the last 4 games, Winnipeg has had a lower Time of Poss. And won them all; they have won the TOP battle only 3 times.
- Availability of several key Winnipeg players who did not finish last week’s game may be a factor (Ian Wild, Andrew Harris).
- Weston Dressler now #31 all-time among receivers (48 yards back of Fred Stamps); 212 yards last two games on 14 catches.
Kahlil Bass has 22 tackles, a fumble recovery and an interception in his last 3 games.

Toronto - They have a CFL-high 5 road games left in 2016.
(This week marks the first of three straight on the road for Toronto)
- Toronto averaged just 22.3 points over the first 9 games; they have scored 69 points over the last two games.
- Toronto has scored either a TD or field goal on 13 of 28 offensive drives over the last two games.
- Toronto leads the CFL in Time of Possession at 31:38 but also have the poorest average starting field position (own 35).
- The Argos have only 3 points in the 4th Quarter in the last 3 games; their 4th Quarter scoring margin is -26 in 2016.
- Argos kick returns trail the CFL as they rank #8 on kickoffs at 21.0 per return and #7 at just 9.3 yards on punt returns.
- Lirim Hajrullahu has now made his last 15 FG attempts, the longest streak of his career. He is 3 short of the all-time club record set by Swayze Waters in 2014 at 18 in a row (Aug 1/14 to Oct 4/14). His 89.7% mark is 2nd-highest in club history.
- Dan Lefevour coming off first win July 2014 and second career 300-yard game; ran for 39 yards on 10 carries vs Hamilton.

1 hour ago, Zoidberg said:

Taking my 6 year son to his 1st game at IGF,

Been to training camp, practices etc, this is our 1st live game together.

Any tips for taking a youngster to his 1st game? 

Are there any options for leaving early ? ( i have never left a game early, ever )

Does he like football?  Has he watched any games with you on TV?  I was six when I went to my first game but I was already a BB fan at that point having watched games on TV with my dad and though I don't think I knew all of the rules I watched every minute of the live game we went to (Ottawa was in town), and was hooked for life after that.