Incident at Banjo Bowl

Blueballz

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Idiot drunks ruining things for kids. These people should be outed somehow and be forced to be embarrassed.  The pathetic part in all this is its probably people who go on one of the bombers sites 

My buddy got into it with one of these drunks one year outside of the stadium. The guy followed my buddy to his car and tried to start a fight. Someone called the cops and they showed up quick. They subdued the drunk, who never stopped chirping, and were taking statements when my buddy had finally heard enough and sucker-punched the guy. The guy started chirping at the cops about charging my buddy with assault. One cop says to his partner "Did you see that man punch this man?" The other cop says "Nope". The first cop says "Me either". My buddy never pressed charges and we don't know what happened to the drunk but they definitely took him away. Unfortunately these drunks spring up from time to time and usually get away with their BS. Not this time. Pretty good cops, I'd say. :)

8 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Someone always has to ruin it for the rest of us... sadly these incidents are likely more common than they used to be. I love my Bombers and feel I paid for my right to be loud, enjoy the game and cheer on the Blue and Gold, even some kind-hearted jabs at away team fans, but never to this extent.

At the end of the day though, it's entertainment and it could be a Riders, Bombers or Montreal Expos fan for all I care everyone deserves a basic level of decency and respect from their fellow fans.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

There goes the forum. ;) Just kidding.

16 minutes ago, Bigmike71 said:

I feel like this was very much embellished, she posted this story on the virgin 103 facebook page to try to win bomber tickets for the next game and gift cards, then the media got a hold of it and she ran with it, it just seems to be a bit over the top

I think that pretty much says it all right there

Not to downplay what jerks the people who did this are, and I hope they are caught and banned from IGF for the foreseeable future...

I guess there's no way to say this without coming across like a jerk myself, BUT

If I went to that game as a kid, my Parents first would have serious reservations about bringing me to the Banjo Bowl, and if I did go, they would make damn sure I wasn't wearing green.

People will be assholes, its a fact of life. I wouldn't take a kid to the Banjo Bowl ever, nor would I take a kid to a college rivalry game. Too much boozing to be safe for a kid.

Again, If they find out who did it they should be banned from Bomber games. But I wouldn't have put a kid in that situation.

I went to ACDC when I was approx 13, caught a beer from behind in the back of the head. Wasn't mad, because it was a concert, and kinda expected a little rowdiness.

EDIT: Not placing any blame on the kid, but I think there could be safer parenting here.

Edited by GimliJetsMan

Some of the stuff I read on here makes me shake my head.  Something doesn't add up because it wasn't recorded on a smartphone?  You know not everyone stops to record an incident when it happens in real time...especially if a dozen or so people only see it.  And because she posted this on a few sites it means she expects to receive free schwag and tickets?  Maybe just maybe she wanted to express her concerns over fan behaviour at games in hopes the club will do something to change it - the more mediums you use, the more likely the club will do something to change it.  It must be tough going through life being so cynical of the actions of others.

I believe on the other site there has been confirmation that the alleged incidents did in fact happen.  Also, contrary to popular belief, people tend not to get involved when they observe a bad situation.  They like to think they would but when the chips are down most chose not to out of self-preservation, they freeze not really knowing how to approach the situation, etc.

I am frankly ashamed of those here who think this was embellished by the lady or the child in question.  Hang your heads in shame!

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

and yet what happens if it turns out that the story was embellished?

Why do you assume that?  Think the worst of people and their motivations?  My point is, many posters here are saying stupid things like "something doesn't add up." with nothing to substantiate it other than their own biasness.

The person in question reporting this incident has every right to and should not be case in suspicion - no different than one who goes online to give a review of a hotel, tour or restaurant they frequented.  

People also have different viewpoints of situations based on a number of factors.  Two people watch a child having beer spilled on their head as a mother gets into an argument with a couple of drunken girls - one could say it was deliberate while the other could say it was accidental given the persons' drunken, animated state.  Both could be correct in this situation.

It is absolutely deplorable that people here will jump to such ridiculous conclusions based on a hunch.  Maybe you folks also believe 9/11 was an inside job too. 

2 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Why do you assume that?  Think the worst of people and their motivations?  My point is, many posters here are saying stupid things like "something doesn't add up." with nothing to substantiate it other than their own biasness.

The person in question reporting this incident has every right to and should not be case in suspicion - no different than one who goes online to give a review of a hotel, tour or restaurant they frequented.  

People also have different viewpoints of situations based on a number of factors.  Two people watch a child having beer spilled on their head as a mother gets into an argument with a couple of drunken girls - one could say it was deliberate while the other could say it was accidental given the persons' drunken, animated state.  Both could be correct in this situation.

It is absolutely deplorable that people here will jump to such ridiculous conclusions based on a hunch.  Maybe you folks also believe 9/11 was an inside job too. 

Rod Pederson does

6 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Why do you assume that?  

Not assuming anything.  If this story goes the way of most, by tomorrow everyone will have forgotten and it won't ever really be determined if its true of not.  The Bombers handled it well, which considering how many times they used to step on their manhood in these kinds of situations, shows me they finally are running again as a great organization.

I feel no shame cuz I didnt do anything. Hard to feel bad when your told a story that doesnt add up and your skeptical. Tbh until the culprit s are identified, ill still feel this was embellished a bit. Do I believe something happened, yes. To the extent its portrayed no.  

I'd also like to know what the moms exact words word if ppl wrongfully heckled the kid cuz he wore green.  A polite "were from here, its not even a rider sweater" doesnt usually instigate further abuse

18 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

It is absolutely deplorable that people here will jump to such ridiculous conclusions based on a hunch.

Whoa, take it back some. 

There are a lot of people, myself included, that have seen, and heard a hell of a lot of "stuff" that comes out from an incident, which when investigated does not resemble the actual facts.

Nobody is saying a version of this incident didn't happen, but man, there are a few red flags that causes a pause, and a re-think.

So don't be belittling those of us who "believe only half of what we see, and nothing of what we hear."

It's called experience. It may take you while to get some.

43 minutes ago, Goalie said:

So sounds like the bombers have tons of cameras at and around the stadium and are reviewing the tape so to speak. Gonna be interesting when they find out the truth. The cameras won't lie. Give it a couple days and we will find out the truth 

Even if the cameras doesn't confirm her story, the Bombers have nothing to gain by exposing her so I doubt they comment further.  I'm sure they're happy to move on and hope this storm blows over asap. 

9 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Even if the cameras doesn't confirm her story, the Bombers have nothing to gain by exposing her so I doubt they comment further.  I'm sure they're happy to move on and hope this storm blows over asap. 

Ya but if she's not telling the truth and they find out she's not... why wouldn't they expose it. Seems like this has or is doing some damage to bomber fans... and the bombers reputation for that matter... if she lied then I'd expose her lie if I were them. I'd want a public apology and I'd want the free swag back. 

1 hour ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Some of the stuff I read on here makes me shake my head.  Something doesn't add up because it wasn't recorded on a smartphone?  You know not everyone stops to record an incident when it happens in real time...especially if a dozen or so people only see it.  And because she posted this on a few sites it means she expects to receive free schwag and tickets?  Maybe just maybe she wanted to express her concerns over fan behaviour at games in hopes the club will do something to change it - the more mediums you use, the more likely the club will do something to change it.  It must be tough going through life being so cynical of the actions of others.

I believe on the other site there has been confirmation that the alleged incidents did in fact happen.  Also, contrary to popular belief, people tend not to get involved when they observe a bad situation.  They like to think they would but when the chips are down most chose not to out of self-preservation, they freeze not really knowing how to approach the situation, etc.

I am frankly ashamed of those here who think this was embellished by the lady or the child in question.  Hang your heads in shame!

The reason I feel she wanted free swag is because she posted on a facebook post for free swag

If it was fabricated I would think it would be beneficial to the bombers to expose the truth. Acts like this can have ramification from other teams fans in attending games at IGF, Not really going to break the bank ultimately but thats still lost revenue and a bad reputation that's unnecessary 

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

49 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

If it was fabricated I would think it would be beneficial to the bombers to expose the truth. Acts like this can have ramification from other teams fans in attending games at IGF, Not really going to break the bank ultimately but thats still lost revenue and a bad reputation that's unnecessary 

If they are looking at the film it would be just for internal use. The Bombers have taken the high road with the lumps that went with it and I am sure they have moved on. Look at it like the credit card company getting fleeced on a perhaps stolen card.