sir John Franklin ship found

Mark F

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/12/hms-terror-wreck-found-arctic-nearly-170-years-northwest-passage-attempt

The long-lost ship of British polar explorer Sir John Franklin, HMS Terror, has been found in pristine condition at the bottom of an Arctic bay, researchers have said, in a discovery that challenges the accepted history behind one of polar exploration’s deepest mysteries.

remarkable photos

well done..... beautiful rendition of one of the great Canadian songs. ust Watched a video made by the crew of the vessel doing the search /exploration and they had that song playing from start to finish. It's very eery looking at the wheel of the ship.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I always find discoveries like this to be very interesting.

The Titanic exhibit in Vegas was amazing.. it would be awesome to do the same for this.  Maybe change the human rights museum to more of a Canadian history museum and have this as an attraction. 

I don't disagree. I'll go to the Manitoba Museum rather than the Museum of Human Rights 

The Titanic exhibit in Wpg was one of the best displays I've ever seen 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

I don't disagree. I'll go to the Manitoba Museum rather than the Museum of Human Rights 

The Titanic exhibit in Wpg was one of the best displays I've ever seen 

If you ever get a chance to see the one in Vegas (if it's still there)  it's truly amazing.  They have a massive chunk of the ship in one room,  I'd say about 15 feet high and 30 feet long... it's super eerie.  

7 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

They've raised ships in worse shape.

all hatches were closed. Glass windows still intact and installed.

One of the scientists said it would probably float, if raised and pumped out.

Edited by Mark F

On 9/12/2016 at 5:29 PM, Mark F said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/12/hms-terror-wreck-found-arctic-nearly-170-years-northwest-passage-attempt

The long-lost ship of British polar explorer Sir John Franklin, HMS Terror, has been found in pristine condition at the bottom of an Arctic bay, researchers have said, in a discovery that challenges the accepted history behind one of polar exploration’s deepest mysteries.

remarkable photos

OMG GET OUT OF THERE!!!  Don't people know the Flying Dutchman when they see it!?!?

• 2 weeks later...

If they came that way, it was later when there was actual plant life. The Inuit, for example, were the last group to migrate, which is why they could survive in the North

I don't think they should discount the idea that human life evolved on this continent. However, you can't ignore the similarities to Asian DNA 

22 hours ago, Mark H. said:

If they came that way, it was later when there was actual plant life. The Inuit, for example, were the last group to migrate, which is why they could survive in the North

I don't think they should discount the idea that human life evolved on this continent. However, you can't ignore the similarities to Asian DNA 

just learned something, thanks. multiregional origin of modern man.