Bombers Trade Willy for DB TJ Heath, Acquire Kevin Glenn

Atomic

We won by a huge margin on both trades. getting heath thrown in is mind boggling. That pick could well be no 3-4 over all. 

Im glad it was glenn and not hank. But its a curious situation now. Glenn is a guy who can score a ton and win the game. Nichols is a game manager who fits the system. Glenn has the tools to execute the system at a higher level, much faster release, better middle + touch. But his mind set clashes with the system heavily

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

There may be more trades coming we don't know about yet.  Or some guys may be hurt and we don't know it yet.  Lots of moving parts here.  I am assuming there is a reason why we would take a DB.  Who knows what Toronto was offering.  It would have been nice to nab Coombs if he had been available, that's for sure.

That's my feeling.   Too many good db'so around.  A trade with Sask makes sense now that we're done with them for the year.

Just now, wbbfan said:

We won by a huge margin on both trades. getting heath thrown in is mind boggling. That pick could well be no 3-4 over all. 

Im glad it was glenn and not hank. But its a curious situation now. Glenn is a guy who can score a ton and win the game. Nichols is a game manager who fits the system. Glenn has the tools to execute the system at a higher level, much faster release, better middle + touch. But his mind set clashes with the system heavily

And throw away games with pick 6's.  And you can forget about him winning us a game in the cold when it counts. 

I understand the need for this, but KG is not winning us anything.  Neither was Willy...so...it's all roses today!

6 minutes ago, Westy Sucks said:

As much as this was a good trade for us,...I just can't stand KG.  If he has to start for us on a cold day we're done.  We should start Davis if Nichols goes down in that situation.  I dread having to watch KG turtle like a frightened little kid in cold weather games.

would you prefer hank or kg? For me, id much rather have kg. 

3 minutes ago, do or die said:

Funny thing is....that with Kevin's ability to make reads and quick release......he fits a Lapo offense, pretty well...

skill set wise 100%. Mentality is a gun slinger and likes to toss middle deep. Idk if his mind set can be over come. Very happy with our situation at qb though. 

Just now, Westy Sucks said:

And throw away games with pick 6's.  And you can forget about him winning us a game in the cold when it counts. 

I understand the need for this, but KG is not winning us anything.  Neither was Willy...so...it's all roses today!

Yeah hes the guy who wins or loses the game. Not like nichols who can manage a game. 

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Wow. Seems like we did quite well. I like having two first this year and having the Glenn insurance policy.

I like how Glenn has gotten this insurance policy moniker.  To me its like an insurance policy where you total your Porsche and they hand you the keys to a 1976 Gremlin as a replacement vehicle.

5 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Where's Bluto?

He's one page ahead of you.  See below.

15 minutes ago, bluto said:

Heath has been a standout. Great find. He will be terrific and I'm glad his play has been of such a level to allow us to address a QB shortage. He's a playmaker, enjoy him.

Having Willy play with Milo/Brady/Ray shepherding him could yield big dividends. Too soon to say he's the Argo's QB of the future, but you couldn't bet against him maturing under Milanovich. 

3 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Kirk Penton tweeted that Willy couldn't handle the Winnipeg media. I find that unbelievable. A guy who played NCAA FCS & has been in front of the media since high school. If he can't handle a few reporters & media personalities in Winnipeg then he has issues.

As long as the football media in TO keep dozing....Drew might be all right...