Making the league look bad: item #2837

do or die

8 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Trying everything you can do within the cap to retain your solid core players (re Dressler, Chick, Shologan, Smith) even it it means shortchanging something else and rebuilding from there makes more sense to me. But I'm not the mastermind here, Jones is. I'm sure it will all work out. Next year by this time Jones will be doing his 'I told you so' speech. 

Shologan wasn't a Jones decision, since he last played for the Redblacks. ;)

14 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I honestly believe that the only reason Jones is "better" than someone like a Mike Kelly is that he literally had Mike Reilly fall in his lap.  He walked into a job with the best QB in the league at that time.

Jones has no respect for this league or this country.  It is pitiful.  He can't or won't learn the lessons and listen to good advice.  He literally gave away the wind in the long quarters on Sunday, which basically ended up being the difference in the game as we got a FG to end each half.

Well he did have the best defense in the league with CAUCHY MUAMBA as his starting safety... that's gotta count for something! ;)

8 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Thank you all

I was just thinking the other day that it would be nice to have at least one rep from each team on this site...

Hamilton: Zontar
Toronto: Bluto (though he doesn't seem to appear too much)
Sask: Ripper, AtlRiderFan

but I think that's all we have... someone mentioned you are a BC guy... nice to add a BC rep to the mix...

Just now, bearpants said:

I was just thinking the other day that it would be nice to have at least one rep from each team on this site...

but I think that's all we have... someone mentioned you are a BC guy... nice to add a BC rep to the mix...

Edmonton: kpt_krunch

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

The incredibly hot Felion avatar didn't clue ya in :) lol

9 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

sigh* the riders forum. One poster seems to think they'll run the table and finish 9-9. Another poster thinks they'll beat us by two touchdowns in Winnipeg. 6 wins since September 2014 and still no humility. 

We are running the table. Can't believe you would have any doubt. Starts this week in your house...:)

20 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Hey LG! Glad you could join us on the Dark Side!

Thanks again.  I'm not here to bash RFs, there are a lot of really good posters and people there; there are a handful of aholes there though that make you question why you bother.  Looking for a nice change of pace here.  I'm a Lions fan make no mistake, I will defend, but I'm not here to fight with anyone.  Looking for some football and some good natured back and forth.  RFs has jumped the shark, they are wound up tighter than skin on a weiner so I will cool it there for awhile. 

Thanks ks again for the welcome. 

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

So the team accuses the league of essentially fixing games and conspiring to screw the Riders and then tells the Commissioner of the league he shouldnt attend an event because its too much of a distraction?  The team created the distraction!

This is exactly the point. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. 

It's a classic case of deflection. Why look at the real problems when you can blame an outside influence? Oh no we made a great move giving Cate Blanchette (had to steal it, too good a line) to Jones, it's just that damned Orridge and the rest of the jealous teams in the league conspiring to keep us down! 

Just now, 17to85 said:

This is exactly the point. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. 

It's a classic case of deflection. Why look at the real problems when you can blame an outside influence? Oh no we made a great move giving Cate Blanchette (had to steal it, too good a line) to Jones, it's just that damned Orridge and the rest of the jealous teams in the league conspiring to keep us down! 

And it adds to the narrative.  "Oh we told the Commissioner to stay home because we wont have THAT man here after what HE has done to OUR team".  The league needs to tell Riders ownership and management to cool it.