Chris Jones Post Game

rebusrankin

I would love to know how it's possible that RP hasn't seen any kind of disciplinary action from the league yet......even if he was hiding behind "freedom of the media", he's gone much too far. Just because you're media and you're expected to criticize things, it doesn't give you Cate Blanchette to just say what you want, when you want...

47 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I would love to know how it's possible that RP hasn't seen any kind of disciplinary action from the league yet......even if he was hiding behind "freedom of the media", he's gone much too far. Just because you're media and you're expected to criticize things, it doesn't give you Cate Blanchette to just say what you want, when you want...

Please tell me that was intentional. If so, is that from something or did you make it up yourself? I am going to use it from now on...

IMO, one of the Riders biggest issues is their NI talent. Assume everybody is back and healthy next year, you have something like:

Best/Labatte/St. John and Clark on the OL

Bagg/Chambers at receiver

Cappicotti at DE.

Solid but Best/Bagg/Chambers/Labatte are injury risks and still no depth. Clark isn't particularly good at C and Chambers has underwhelmed at WR. No third and 4th in the draft either.

I was just listening to yesterday's Sportscage with Pedersen & Abou Mechrek.  It's understandable how the fans have become pons and made to believe almost anything. Mechrek has become totally unglued to the point of being scary.  Everyone believe the league is really on a mission to destroy the team. This whole thing seems to be orchestrated by Pedersen to take the focus off Jones. Easy trick when dealing with lemmings.

What needs to happen is for the next few teams to whack them by 50 points. Let's hope we can do our part. That would remove all doubts about this  stupid notion. 

22 minutes ago, LeBird said:

I was just listening to yesterday's Sportscage with Pedersen & Abou Mechrek.  It's understandable how the fans have become pons and made to believe almost anything. Mechrek has become totally unglued to the point of being scary.  Everyone believe the league is really on a mission to destroy the team. This whole thing seems to be orchestrated by Pedersen to take the focus off Jones. Easy trick when dealing with lemmings.

What needs to happen is for the next few teams to whack them by 50 points. Let's hope we can do our part. That would remove all doubts about this  stupid notion. 

I agree on Mechrek. His tweets are very slanted.

10 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Ok, but being in a close relationship/basically an employee as compared to being on the pay roll of the Riders makes a difference on how the CFL can handle Rods constant ramblings. If he's not on the rider payroll officially. They can't do jack ****. They sure as hell can't punish a team for something a mouth piece writes when he's not on their payroll. I honestly don't see the CFL having any sort of weight in a conversation about him.

It's got to come from the rider fans. And considering they are eating it up left right and centre. I don't see that happening either.

8 hours ago, Jacquie said:

First thing the League should do is stop using stuff written by Pedersen on the CFL website.

5 hours ago, holoman said:

If the CFL wanted to make a statement without having it come across as a conspiracy, they would simply no longer publish Pedersens articles 

This is what I don't understand... Even if Pedersen isn't officially an employee of the Riders (which I think he is), he's either contracted or a full-on employee of the CFL as one of their columnists. They should've nipped this in the bud weeks ago, but have to do something now.

All the stuff Rider fans are whining about isn't actually ruining the integrity of the league. But taking Rod Pedersen seriously and keeping him as a columnist when he's claiming a conspiracy from the CFL and leading a witch hunt against the Commissioner? That actually does tarnish the integrity of the league.

9 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

IMO, one of the Riders biggest issues is their NI talent. Assume everybody is back and healthy next year, you have something like:

Best/Labatte/St. John and Clark on the OL

Bagg/Chambers at receiver

Cappicotti at DE.

Solid but Best/Bagg/Chambers/Labatte are injury risks and still no depth. Clark isn't particularly good at C and Chambers has underwhelmed at WR. No third and 4th in the draft either.

Ages of these guys next year. Best 34 Bagg 32 Labatte 31 Clark 29.

Outside of Clark you have 3 starters on the wrong side of 30. Not good when depth is a serious issue and you are in a rebuild. Who do they have in the wings to replace these guys (that are good)? My guess is Best retires and Labatte's game drops. I don't see a turnaround next year especially if they don't retain Durant.

8 hours ago, LeBird said:

I actually went to read an article Mike wrote b/c I was hoping for some level headed Rider analysis... boy was I wrong... it was just another diatribe on what was apparently one of the worst calls in CFL history... yet for some reason the CFL hasn't issued an apology saying they made a mistake... odd... the article could've been credited to Pederson and I wouldn't have questioned it...

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

Bob Irving is strictly an employee of Corus Entertainment. 100% independent of the WBB FC, aside from the fact that Corus owns the exclusive broadcast rights to the team....that much, I know for a fact.

Not sure how close Bob is to retirement but if TSN 1290 gets the Bombers broadcasts, I'd sure love them to make him an offer he cant refuse to make the jump too.

9 hours ago, LeBird said:

I said to Noeller just yesterday that the Rider fan base appears to have collectively lost their marbles after losing on Labour Day, a big blow out win by the Bombers in the Banjo Bowl would probably push them completely over the edge so I am hoping to god it happens just to watch the fireworks after. 

16 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not sure how close Bob is to retirement but if TSN 1290 gets the Bombers broadcasts, I'd sure love them to make him an offer he cant refuse to make the jump too.

This'll be it for him, I believe. When this current Bombers/Corus contract expires, TSN will almost certainly win the next bid and have their own guy. Someone young and hip, I'm sure... 

32 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I've said the same thing. No disrespect to anyone at 1290, but replacing Bob Irving without giving him the chance to decline would be silly.

My pitch would go something like this, "Just call the game, Mr. Irving. Here's a truck full of money."

Personally I would like to see Bob go out on the top. I don't want to see him sign something for a few years to do PBP into his early to mid 70s. He is and always has been the best PBP announcer in sports IMO but he's just starting to lose a step it feels. Little slower on the play calls and is starting to make minor errors on calls and player names numbers etc. I don't want him to start slipping and have his last few years not but what we are used to. And maybe he doesn't go that way and maybe he can call it into his 70s but I would like to see him go out before then if it does happen :)