Official LDC GDT: Game Day, We All Play!

Noeller

8 minutes ago, Atomic said:

The league is making a conscious effort to watch for that penalty, they have been all year.  I guess Bond just gets his hands up high a little too frequently.  He basically mauls whoever is in front of him.

I was thinking that maybe he's just so much bigger than those he's locked up with, maybe it's tough to not get hands in the face... 

21 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

The outcome of this game was pre determined as soon as Cuthbert and Suitor got dressed.    See if you can see what I mean.     

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/dressler-this-is-a-special-win~943966

I think you meant to put this link:

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/the-labour-day-classic-lived-up-to-its-name~943967

31 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was thinking that maybe he's just so much bigger than those he's locked up with, maybe it's tough to not get hands in the face... 

My thought also. Although, if as Atomic says, the league is paying special attention...well then, time to unlearn that technique.

Ah, memories...

2015 Labour Day Classic - Saskatchewan 37 Winnipeg 17

The Bombers took 140 yards in penalties, and starting quarterback Brian Brohm produced just 127 yards of net offence before garbage time. 

The Riders looked pretty good under new interim head coach Bob Dyce, but they also took advantage of Winnipeg's bad offence, terrible special teams play and severe lack of discipline en route to a 37-19 thumping of the Blue and Gold in the 53rd Labour Day Classic.
**Overall the Bombers got flagged 17 times for 140 yards.
Backup quarterback Brian Brohm, making his second career CFL start, managed only 127 yards of net offence until garbage time, when the Bombers tacked on another 103 in their final three meaningless drives.
The Blue and Gold took six unnecessary roughness penalties in their 37-19 loss to the Roughriders in the 53rd Labour Day Classic, and it was a key factor in their fourth straight loss. - Kirk Penton, Winnipeg Sun

I prefer this year's result much better. 

re-watching the game, what the Riders really should be kicking themselves over is the fact that they tackled Harris with two seconds left.  If they had just let him run three more steps, the game ends and we are in OT.  I couldn't believe the Bombers let the clock tick down that close to the end, by doing a clock-chewing running play with only a few seconds left. That last run by Harris could have easily extended and then on to OT we would have gone, and with the way the Bomber D was playing we'd probably have lost. All the Riders had to do was look at the clock, let Harris get past the first line and then contain him, even if it meant tackling him on the five yard line. Suck it up Riders on the supposed bad call, you still had a shot at taking the game to OT if you had been a tiny bit smarter and taken advantage of bad clock management by the Bombers.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

ReginaLeader-Post - Sept 5

Cox, who intercepted the pass that was intended for Dressler, repeatedly referred to the penalty as “a bad call.” That likely will earn him a call from the CFL office.

Asked if the official told him why the flag was thrown, Cox replied: “He couldn’t tell me anything because I knew it (wasn’t a penalty). I didn’t touch (Dressler) after five (yards). He just made a bad call.”

I want to ask mr cox if he still wants to stick to that story...

Bombers have the ball on their 45 yard line. This first picture shows first contact about 6 yards later...

2uzupeq.jpg

Not too bad. That could be let go.  ..........Then, a little more....

wrby9.jpg

And....A little more contact

e67tqt.jpg

There's more....

ede2f.jpg

And...a grab

2uppq3q.jpg

The other pictures I took get grainier and grainier but they still show Coz's arm pulling down on Dressler and eventually turning him. Of course, this all happens in nano-seconds, but it clearly shows contact..the actual kind, not the no-contact kind that Cox swears never occurred.

33 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

ReginaLeader-Post - Sept 5

Cox, who intercepted the pass that was intended for Dressler, repeatedly referred to the penalty as “a bad call.” That likely will earn him a call from the CFL office.

Asked if the official told him why the flag was thrown, Cox replied: “He couldn’t tell me anything because I knew it (wasn’t a penalty). I didn’t touch (Dressler) after five (yards). He just made a bad call.”

I want to ask mr cox if he still wants to stick to that story...

Bombers have the ball on their 45 yard line. This first picture shows first contact about 6 yards later...

2uzupeq.jpg

Not too bad. That could be let go.  ..........Then, a little more....

wrby9.jpg

And....A little more contact

e67tqt.jpg

There's more....

ede2f.jpg

And...a grab

2uppq3q.jpg

The other pictures I took get grainier and grainier but they still show Coz's arm pulling down on Dressler and eventually turning him. Of course, this all happens in nano-seconds, but it clearly shows contact..the actual kind, not the no-contact kind that Cox swears never occurred.

Tweet those out to Cox, Pedersen, and all the other whining Riders fans! Heh.

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

re-watching the game, what the Riders really should be kicking themselves over is the fact that they tackled Harris with two seconds left.  If they had just let him run three more steps, the game ends and we are in OT.  I couldn't believe the Bombers let the clock tick down that close to the end, by doing a clock-chewing running play with only a few seconds left. That last run by Harris could have easily extended and then on to OT we would have gone, and with the way the Bomber D was playing we'd probably have lost. All the Riders had to do was look at the clock, let Harris get past the first line and then contain him, even if it meant tackling him on the five yard line. Suck it up Riders on the supposed bad call, you still had a shot at taking the game to OT if you had been a tiny bit smarter and taken advantage of bad clock management by the Bombers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Willy and Harris screw up like this once already this season?  I believe it was before the half but they let the clock expire trying to squeeze in an extra running play when they were already well within FG range.  If that is the case the OC the QB and the RB need to try to remember not to repeat past mistakes.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

6 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Willy and Harris screw up like this once already this season?  I believe it was before the half but they let the clock expire trying to squeeze in an extra running play when they were already well within FG range.  If that is the case the OC the QB and the RB need to try to remember not to repeat past mistakes.

Game in Calgary

All the bitching about a PI call is simply a bad football team looking to make excuses for their badness. I saw contact clearly when it first happened, obviously the refs did too. That it might have been a soft call is of no consequence. They were calling soft PI all game long so it just stuck with what was already happening. My advice for the Riders is to get over it and learn 2 football noobs. 

22 hours ago, bustamente said:

TSN played the radio audio of the punt return in their highlight package and that was right up there with guys calling Texas high school games.

Yup, heard that.....real cow patch announcing alright.  Unfortunately  I couldn't find their audio of Medlock's game winning kick.

Definitive proof should shoot down the conspiracy theorist.  Those photos are much better than the grassy knoll. Pretty clear that contact and even grabbing was done. 

Green whiners come to IGF and accept reality. That is all.  

it really is the grab on the upper arm. if they were hand fighting and the only grabbing was hand or wrist I bet it would have been let go (like the Adams one earlier) but to grab a guy on the upper arm is a pretty blatant no no. And further to that after firing up the pvr to watch that play again it's the arm across the chest too. Those two things are what got the flag. Soft as hell call but you do that you are just begging the refs to call it. He didn't even need to do it which is what makes it even funnier.

Edited by 17to85