Question about Rod Pederson vs other media

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I've gained a new level of disrespect for Rod Pedersen after hearing him on H and L or the Warmup regularly.  He doesn't understand that he's the punchline.  Hustler literally makes fun of him and laughs at him the entire time he's on.

Therein lies my issue. Not so much with Pedersen himself, I'm beyond over his shtick at this point. But the other media and the league itself promoting him. That's bush league!  I've told H&L before that it's an auto dial change for me when Rod hits the Wpg airwaves, they haven't gotten the message yet. :( 

It's not about his biases or just general being shitty at his job that get the ire of other media members and cause them to call him out, it's when he questions the credibility of other people that gets them pissed off at him. He basically has the gall to tell other respected media people that they are hacks and are flat out making up reports. Damn right they're going to fire back at him for accusations like that. 

I really caution people to not compare Rod Pedersen to media personnel. He's not that anymore. Basically, the team pays him to be a huge fan. Yes, he broadcasts the games on CKRM. I believe he even still hosts Sports Cage in the afternoons. But he is paid by the team to be a huge fan and make sure Rider Nation is always fired up and excited. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I really caution people to not compare Rod Pedersen to media personnel. He's not that anymore. Basically, the team pays him to be a huge fan. Yes, he broadcasts the games on CKRM. I believe he even still hosts Sports Cage in the afternoons. But he is paid by the team to be a huge fan and make sure Rider Nation is always fired up and excited. 

ehhh but his background is media and he still plays the game like he's media so he still counts to me. 

I guess I should say...don't confuse him with any kind of journalist. That goes out the window when you're paid to have a bias. Even columnists are journalists, technically. RP is basically Darren Cameron crossed with Ed Tait crossed with Bob Irving. 

All those blogs Cameron writes that we all ***** about as being so painfully homer? Riders fans LIVE for that ****, so Pedersen feeds it ad nauseum...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I guess I should say...don't confuse him with any kind of journalist. That goes out the window when you're paid to have a bias. Even columnists are journalists, technically. RP is basically Darren Cameron crossed with Ed Tait crossed with Bob Irving. 

All those blogs Cameron writes that we all ***** about as being so painfully homer? Riders fans LIVE for that ****, so Pedersen feeds it ad nauseum...

wash your mouth out with soap for ever comparing Pederson to Tait or Irving. 

39 minutes ago, Noeller said:

he still gets use on cfl.ca as a reporter/media columnist w/e

2 hours ago, LimJahey said:

We're fans and have the right to be biased and can say pretty much anything we want on these forums. Claiming you're a reporter instantly gives you the responsibility of being somewhat objective.

You missed my point plus what you say doesn't make sense but oh well carry on.

16 hours ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

Maybe not spectacular, but definitely better than Rod Black.

so you are saying he's like having a toothache and really bad hemorrhoids at the same time but at least he's not ebola.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

15 hours ago, 17to85 said:

It's not about his biases or just general being shitty at his job that get the ire of other media members and cause them to call him out, it's when he questions the credibility of other people that gets them pissed off at him. He basically has the gall to tell other respected media people that they are hacks and are flat out making up reports. Damn right they're going to fire back at him for accusations like that. 

Thank you for bringing the discussion back to the original comment. I'm all for criticizing the guy in general, but that wasn't what this thread was about though that's what it has turned in to. The question was why such a feud between him and the journalists/reporters/columnists/whatever and I too am interested in why the relationship has changed so much this year. I mean, the guy has been a homer every year, why the hostility this year?

4 minutes ago, StevetheClub said:

Thank you for bringing the discussion back to the original comment. I'm all for criticizing the guy in general, but that wasn't what this thread was about though that's what it has turned in to. The question was why such a feud between him and the journalists/reporters/columnists/whatever and I too am interested in why the relationship has changed so much this year. I mean, the guy has been a homer every year, why the hostility this year?

I think it's pretty obvious why other guys are annoyed with him... The OP touched on it and 17to85 really brought it home there... it seems no one has a problem with him doing his thing... when he started calling out credible media personnel... they didn't sit idly by... 

I have no issue with a little bit of homerism on local broadcasts... CJOB radio is meant for Bomber fans... just as CK whatever is for Rider fans... I have never listened to a Riders radio broadcast so I can't speak to what he does there...  

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

I think it's pretty obvious why other guys are annoyed with him... The OP touched on it and 17to85 really brought it home there... it seems no one has a problem with him doing his thing... when he started calling out credible media personnel... they didn't sit idly by... 

I have no issue with a little bit of homerism on local broadcasts... CJOB radio is meant for Bomber fans... just as CK whatever is for Rider fans... I have never listened to a Riders radio broadcast so I can't speak to what he does there...  

For sure, it just seemed to really take off this year. I suppose he made the mistake of poking the bears.

He didn't just poke the bear, he questioned the bear's integrity and if you know anything about bears without their integrity they are nothing. Well they are bears one way or the other. By the way sports reporters probably have more integrity than any other kind of reporter or I haven't been able to catch them lying so easily as other types of reporters.

1 hour ago, Fan Boy said:

He didn't just poke the bear, he questioned the bear's integrity and if you know anything about bears without their integrity they are nothing. Well they are bears one way or the other. By the way sports reporters probably have more integrity than any other kind of reporter or I haven't been able to catch them lying so easily as other types of reporters.

Wait... you mean to tell me the reporters on Fox News and CNN are lacking integrity!?! :o

47 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Wait... you mean to tell me the reporters on Fox News and CNN are lacking integrity!?! :o

This right here is how to best discribe Robert Pederson and his message. He defends the Riders dispite knowing first hand of their wrong doings (puts it in print) but this time he crossed the line by going after Reynolds and Dunks integrity for writing a story (backed up be several players) that made the Riders look much worse than what they were fined for. 

I am not sure why anyone would employ Rod. I get the whole fan thing but if you hire some for a somewhat journalist position they should operate with some mode of decorum. He does no service to the Riders or the league. If they wanted a cheerleader they should have just put him on the field in the Gainer costume.