Our Goalies

Ducky

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

Pavs has the same amount of wins in less tahn half the games...take your stats and shove them, for the rest of the season I'll take the Ws.

You wont have them.  A goalie can be TERRIBLE and win.  But not for long.  Terrible is terrible.  You dont really believe it, you just cant admit you're wrong.  And its growing tiresome.

21 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Pavs has the same amount of wins in less tahn half the games...take your stats and shove them, for the rest of the season I'll take the Ws.

No, you won't take the wins. Because you've shoved stats out the window.  And heeeeey, guess what's the best predictor of future events?  Uh oh spaghetti-o.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Who are you going to sign?  San Jose has two goalies under contract for next year.  So they dont need Hutch.  They want him...why? I dont know.  I guess they think he's better than who they have.

You're the one who keeps arguing about goalies.  You love Pavs.  he's the worst goalie we have.  Worse than Hutch.  Hutch has proven he can be better. Pavs hasnt.

Hutch likes to make snow angels on the ice in desperation mode.

I have no idea why so many people are digging their heals in behind any of these goalies.  Arguing to the death over who is the least bad.

I'm still waiting for one of them to step up and show he is good.  Only one of those has done enough to still deserve some patience, and that is not considered an endorsement.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

No, you won't take the wins. Because you've shoved stats out the window.  And heeeeey, guess what's the best predictor of future events?  Uh oh spaghetti-o.

Guess what, in the next 9 games Pavs would play (hope he doesn't) he would only have to win 2 of them to beat Hutch's record this year and seeing as neither are in the team's future, I'll take the Ws this year and you can have your stats.

7 minutes ago, mbrg said:

I have no idea why so many people are digging their heals in behind any of these goalies.  Arguing to the death over who is the least bad.

I'm still waiting for one of them to step up and show he is good.  Only one of those has done enough to still deserve some patience, and that is not considered an endorsement.

Not arguing over who is least bad.  Trying to save one person from their own delusions.  And failing.

45 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Because I'm not wrong......I'll take the wins from Pavs this year because Hutch has proven he can't win.

Can't you just admit you are wrong?

This isnt opinion.  You are wrong.  We've seen the stats posted many times.  Hutch is better than Pavs.  GAA and Save %.  You cant use wins because its too subjective when so many other factors are involved.

In fact they both have 4 wins!  Same amount of wins.  and Hutch has better stats.

God...please log off the internet.

13 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

If Myers was healthy now the one thing that holding us back(IMHO) on the D is an LHD, preferably offensive LHD cause we dont have one on the left side. 4 goals total dont cut it.

Oh that's nice.  Whats he been doing since last season?  Maybe in 2019 he will work on a back up goalie.

Morrissey's offence will come...give it time. He has been a points producer his whole hockey life. By the time Myers is back, it will be in time for the playoff run or another tanking. Chevy making a trade to shore up the 3rd pairing with someone substantial would be nice...not another Stu Chiarot Melchiori Postma though. Ville Pokka would be nice if he didn't give up a lot for him...if he doesn't turn out, he can always dance...

Edited by Ducky

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not arguing over who is least bad.  Trying to save one person from their own delusions.  And failing.

Pavelec is not a NHL starting goalie.  Hutchinson is not a NHL anything goalie.  Hellebuyck TBD.

If the latter two had played better Pavelec would still have antlers on his jersey.  Their suckage opened the door for the call-up.  Pavelec won some games when the other two had shown themselves incapable of winning.  That doesn't make him new and improved.  The Jets tried to ride it out for as many wins as possible.  Looks like that train has roundtripped back to the losing station.  It's not surprising for anyone.  The hope was that the winning portion would last a little longer.  Maybe those other two goobers will seize their second third fourth opportunity and look like NHL starting goalies for more than one of every three games.

49 minutes ago, Ducky said:

haha, you are right. I should have said the fancy stats because right now, Ws are everything.

GAA is a fancy stat now? Good god.

Anyways, then Helle needs to play the rest of the games because he has the best fancy stats, non-fancy stats, wins, winning percentage, whatever else you want.

And you can't call up Comrie because he doesn't have any Ws.

Edited by JCon

People really think that Pavs was called up as some sort of plan?    More like desperation.    We were already paying the guy - so they wanted to see if he could get on some sort of run.    He couldn't......so he will be gone, pretty soon.     Not having a vet goalie around here, and having Hutch flame out...probably cost us a playoff spot.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hutch has same number of wins as Pavs and better stats so according to Ducky he's the answer. 

He's the answer to the question...

Who is better than Pavelec. 

But to be fair that list includes every goalie in the nhl and lots in the ahl also. 

I think Ducky must be related to Maurice tho. Has to be. Cuz only a Maurice would choose to die on the Pavelec hill. 

Edited by Goalie