Our Goalies

Ducky

If he was sent down when he was suipposed and someone claimed him (highly unlikely), you have lots of time to sign anyone to a one year 580k contract. As far as SJ picking him, if they don't have a goalie to expose, why do you think they aren't in any hurry? Maybe because anyone can be signed to fulfill the requirement?

You can make an argument for Pavs being a backup but you can't with Hutch. But I am finished arguing about two goalies that have no future in the organization...Hutch doesn't belong in the NHL and he has proved that with his 4 wins in 17 games....a .236 winning percentage.

Not sure what EA NHL 17 is but I am guessing it is a game. Haven't ever played computer games so you have the wrong guy...

18 minutes ago, Ducky said:

If he was sent down when he was suipposed and someone claimed him (highly unlikely), you have lots of time to sign anyone to a one year 580k contract. As far as SJ picking him, if they don't have a goalie to expose, why do you think they aren't in any hurry? Maybe because anyone can be signed to fulfill the requirement?

You can make an argument for Pavs being a backup but you can't with Hutch. But I am finished arguing about two goalies that have no future in the organization...Hutch doesn't belong in the NHL and he has proved that with his 4 wins in 17 games....a .236 winning percentage.

Not sure what EA NHL 17 is but I am guessing it is a game. Haven't ever played computer games so you have the wrong guy...

Who are you going to sign?  San Jose has two goalies under contract for next year.  So they dont need Hutch.  They want him...why? I dont know.  I guess they think he's better than who they have.

You're the one who keeps arguing about goalies.  You love Pavs.  he's the worst goalie we have.  Worse than Hutch.  Hutch has proven he can be better. Pavs hasnt.

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

It is called development...

here is a list of UFA goalies....take your pick...

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/goaltender/

Condon is making 575k and Enroth is making 750k.......we'd save money and get a better goalie!!!!!!!

Expansion draft is June 18 - 20. Those goalies don't become free agents till July 1. 

So how exactly do we sign them to expose them for expansion?

6 minutes ago, Ducky said:

It is called development...

here is a list of UFA goalies....take your pick...

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/goaltender/

Condon is making 575k and Enroth is making 750k.......we'd save money and get a better goalie!!!!!!!

How do you know they are better?  Going into this season:

Condon: 2.39 .904

Enroth 2.84  .909

Hutch: 2.53  .912

Because anyone is better than Hutch...

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Expansion draft is June 18 - 20. Those goalies don't become free agents till July 1. 

So how exactly do we sign them to expose them for expansion?

you give a late round draft pick for negotiating right or you sign someone that isn't on that list. It looks like SJ has nobody to expose besides the guy they will protect, why aren't they worried? Because they know it isn't hard to sign a nobody for one year. Who cares if he plays on the Moose or not next year....Phillips and Comrie should be on theMoose next year (if Comrie doesn't make the Jets) anyway. Should have been done LONG ago.

9 minutes ago, Ducky said:

you give a late round draft pick for negotiating right or you sign someone that isn't on that list. It looks like SJ has nobody to expose besides the guy they will protect, why aren't they worried? Because they know it isn't hard to sign a nobody for one year. Who cares if he plays on the Moose or not next year....Phillips and Comrie should be on theMoose next year (if Comrie doesn't make the Jets) anyway. Should have been done LONG ago.

I just showed you that wasnt true.  You're wrong.  Flat out.  He's not even the worse goalie on our team.  Please move on...

14 minutes ago, Ducky said:

But then that nobody is likely on your team for the duration of his contract.  I don't see much quality goalies available.  

For all the bellyaching about Hutch, he was a waiver pickup. At least we didn't blow an asset to obtain him.

Of the 3 goalies with the Jets now, Pavelec is the only one you can be certain what you see is what you get.  He's not getting younger and sure as hell isn't getting better. Yet he's trotted out anyways. That's infuriating to me. 

20 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Aaron Dell

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

But then that nobody is likely on your team for the duration of his contract.  I don't see much quality goalies available.  

For all the bellyaching about Hutch, he was a waiver pickup. At least we didn't blow an asset to obtain him.

Of the 3 goalies with the Jets now, Pavelec is the only one you can be certain what you see is what you get.  He's not getting younger and sure as hell isn't getting better. Yet he's trotted out anyways. That's infuriating to me. 

Where or how a player was obtained shouldn't come into any decisions on that player. I don't care if he was first overall or a waiver pickup, that doesn't make him an NHL caliber goalie.

On 2017-02-06 at 4:52 PM, Ducky said:

I can't see Chevy not addressing the D depth and goaltending this off-season. Next year there are no excuses,

This is what they have to do.  Is it that hard? Shouldn't be. They will fix this. What are they supposed to say right now?

Yes fans you're right, our defence and goalies are not good?

nope.

sub issue.....Will Meyers be able to play? I think that is a problem people ignore, while calling for coach firing.

Same rule here as for the Bombers, need coaching continuity. Although oddly, a few people who were insisting on continuity over all else,  for the

Bombers, are constantly demanding fire the coach. Makes no sense.

Maurice will get it done, if he gets some new players. Which will happen.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

Well, there you go, another team that won't go near Hutch.

Except that wasnt the story.  The story was the Jets suspected San Jose would claim Hutch.  Why?  I dont know. You're free to call San Jose and ask around.  But for a guy who said he was done talking about goalies, you sure are clinging to this fallacy of...I dont even know what your point is anymore.  other than you want people to believe Pavs is better than Hutch.  You need Kellyanne Conway to come along and clarify for you.

Just now, Ducky said:

Where or how a player was obtained shouldn't come into any decisions on that player. I don't care if he was first overall or a waiver pickup, that doesn't make him an NHL caliber goalie.

Whats your point?  That Hutch isnt good enough so the Jets should keep playing a guy WORSE and also risk losing Hutch and then have to give up an asset to find a goalie to expose in the expansion draft?

When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.  You've lost.  Give it up.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Whats your point?  That Hutch isnt good enough so the Jets should keep playing a guy WORSE and also risk losing Hutch and then have to give up an asset to find a goalie to expose in the expansion draft?

When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.  You've lost.  Give it up.

Pavs has the same amount of wins in less tahn half the games...take your stats and shove them, for the rest of the season I'll take the Ws.