Rod Black

5 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Exactly. Watching this clown embarrass himself is a nice reminder of how lucky we are to have a pro like Knuckles as the voice of our team.

Even Ed Tait who is on the Bombers payroll is more objective.

Edited by LimJahey

Love that Pederson is being called out in this article. 

He's a Rider sychophant who runs the Sasky masses into a lather with his bizarro-world conspiracy claims.

If only H & L would use some other Regina media person than him for their corn fed interviews. He's a transparent shill who would do well to remove the straw from his teeth before he makes any future unfounded accusations

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

kudos to Dunk, Edwards, Darrell Davis, John Hodge, and the rest of the crew at 3DN... they were all over this story and reported it accurately and responsibly... Pederson should spend more time on that site... he could learn a thing or two about journalism from mostly bloggers... 

My first post here to say:

The Riders could lose from now until the end of time and it would never stop being delicious.

That the "best fans in the CFL" are seeing conspiracies everywhere and handing out tinfoil hats is like a savoury dipping sauce for the gastronomical delight that is a 1-win season filled with cheating and fines.

Edited by wpgchris
added an intro

20 minutes ago, Mark F said:

actually Ed is really objective, he must have had some assurance that he could say what he thought, when he took the job.

In his very first article with the WFC he wrote saying that was one of the conditions of this job.... he wanted to autonomy to write how he wants to write... a decent read if you can track it down...

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

In his very first article with the WFC he wrote saying that was one of the conditions of this job.... he wanted to autonomy to write how he wants to write... a decent read if you can track it down...

yes i love Ed'd writing, just an observation on how differently the two organizations are run.

47 minutes ago, Mark F said:

actually Ed is really objective, he must have had some assurance that he could say what he thought, when he took the job.

"hey Bombers, if I take this job, can I maintain my integrity, so I don't end up looking like that ass-clown in Regina?"  "Yes Ed."  "Fine, where do I sign?"

Inside the CFL: Riders need to get rid of Jones

Chris Jones should be fired.

I’ve always been proud to be considered a member of Rider nation and I’ve always been proud of the team I grew up with, worked for and loved. Today, I am dismayed at what this Tennessee carpetbagger is doing to a beloved Canadian institution.

I’ve done a lot of research over the years into the ingredients of championship teams. Whether it be Hugh Campbell’s Eskimos, Ken Preston’s Roughriders, the Rogers Lehew, Wally Buono, John Hufnagel Stampeders, the Buono/Bob Ackles Lions, the Bud Grant/Cal Murphy Blue Bombers or Ralph Sazio’s great teams in Hamilton and Toronto, the common threads are honesty and integrity on and off the field and in the front office. I’ve known all those men well and can vouch for their good character.

The Roughriders do not possess such qualities. Hubris and Chris Jones have brought them to the sorry pass where, after a thorough investigation, the CFL has fined them $60,000, the most severe penalty in league history, “for violation of league by-laws that prohibit practicing with ineligible players, players participating in practice who are on the 6-game injured list and having free agents practice with players who are under contract.”

The team purchased two houses to accommodate what amounts to a pre-practice squad. Two weeks ago, the CFL fined the Riders $15,000 for not playing enough Canadians. Sunday they were fined $5,000 for standing on the league logo during player introductions. Jones’ modus operandi has cost the community-owned team $80,000 plus a $26,000 salary cap reduction the league also imposed. That’s a lot of money in the CFL.

The ratio and logo issue seem trivial but they reflect an “I don’t give a damn about the rules” attitude of Jones and the Roughriders. In the past, the team didn’t have the money to cheat on such an audacious scale.

Although team CEO Craig Reynolds accepted responsibility for the sad state of affairs, Jones basically said everyone does it and really made no apologies. He said, “…I hope the situation results in all nine teams being held in the same regard and to the same standard,” implying the league was picking on the Riders.

In other words, all teams do it, Saskatchewan was the one that got caught.

http://medicinehatnews.com/sports/local-sports/2016/08/16/kelly-riders-need-to-get-rid-of-jones/

Yeah I think fining BLM had to be done. What he did may have brought somethings to light but was also pretty unprofessional.

That article in the Medicine hat paper is interesting also. That guy has been covering the league for 44 years? Damn that's a long time. When people with that amount of experience start speaking that way, its tough to ignore them or write it off as just nip picking. Wonder how Rod will smoother that in his green puke?

20 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

true, could be he just didn't want to move.

Could be. That is one sweet giant steel tipi and there's enough natural gas to fill newspaper columns for life.  

Edited by Fan Boy
clarity

4 hours ago, tacklewasher said:

I see Mitchell is being fined for his tweet. http://www.tsn.ca/stamps-mitchell-to-be-fined-for-riders-tweet-1.548217

Probably the right thing to do. Really don't need the players telling the league what to do. I might feel different if the league hadn't already been investigating.

Oh course he had to get fined. There was already a investigation under way 3 weeks before his tweet. Can't have the players saying whatever they want on twitter.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Oh course he had to get fined. There was already a investigation under way 3 weeks before his tweet. Can't have the players saying whatever they want on twitter.

Some people who work for professional organizations/associations put a caveat on their twitter declaring tweets are their own and don't necessarily reflect that of any organization they are affiliated with. I went on his page and he doesn't seem to mention that. If he had, would it still be appropriate to fine him? 

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Some people who work for professional organizations/associations put a caveat on their twitter declaring tweets are their own and don't necessarily reflect that of any organization they are affiliated with. I went on his page and he doesn't seem to mention that. If he had, would it still be appropriate to fine him? 

Yes.  He isn't a unknown twitter account. People know who he is. He doesn't get to just say whatever he wants