Pavelec

Ducky

Hellebyuck is definitely very very good.......but I'm far more curious whether Hutchinson can have a bounce back year. He looked great 2 years ago, but fell off big time this past season. I'd still vote that nothing changes and it's Pav/Hutch to start the year...

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hellebyuck is definitely very very good.......but I'm far more curious whether Hutchinson can have a bounce back year. He looked great 2 years ago, but fell off big time this past season. I'd still vote that nothing changes and it's Pav/Hutch to start the year...

That's what I think as well. No one has stepped up to take the starters position from Pavlec.

Don't see the point in Pav on the jets. He's not part of the future so I could see him being sent down for a year. 

I think hutch is guaranteed to be on the big club. They won't risk losing him. He signed 2 years so he could be exposed to Vegas. 

Helle is the future so I see no reason to keep pav around. He's done here after this year regardless so why keep him here. It makes no sense. Pavelec is the worst goalie in the league. 

Helle and Hutch can't be worse. Worst case scenario... they put up pav numbers for less than half of what pav is making.  Done with pavelec.  Lol at trading him. ... nobody wants him. 

Pavelec is a career 907 goaltender 

Hutch is a career 912 goaltender. 

Hutch played 30 games last year. Had a 907 save percentage 

Pav played 33 and had A 904 save percentage 

Pavelec is the worst goalie on the jets Roster by far. He flat out sucks and is overpaid 

14 hours ago, Goalie said:

Pavelec is a career 907 goaltender 

Hutch is a career 912 goaltender. 

Hutch played 30 games last year. Had a 907 save percentage 

Pav played 33 and had A 904 save percentage 

Pavelec is the worst goalie on the jets Roster by far. He flat out sucks and is overpaid 

Maybe someone knows this stat. What is Pavelec's career stats under Noel versus Maurice? In the media he has heaped praise on Maurice and has thrown Noel under the bus suggesting he wasn't getting the best out of his players. I don't seem to have as much disdain on him as you do but my issue with Pavelec, and it's just my opinion, is he thinks he's better than he is and it's not just him being confident. Doesn't come across to me as a great team player, but that's just purely an educated guess based on game play observations and media soundbites and not being in the dressing room and part of the internal discussions. Not to mention the fact most Goalies are a bit off anyway, Carey Price being the exception.

19 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Not convinced Hutchison or Helleybuck are any better. If they were, Pavs wouldn't be here still.

I think this is Connor Hellebuyck's break out season. as a 22 year old rookie he posted a 9.18 save percentage in 26 games with the Jets. Hopefully he's ready this year to take the reigns. If Pavelec is our starting goalie this season we're in big trouble.

They won't risk losing hutch to waivers. Then they'd either have to sign pav to a new deal or expose helle in the expansion draft.  

Reality 

Pav starts with the jets. Hutch is backup. Helle starts with moose. Pav gets 10 games to show what he can do. If he's ok he stays and helle spends 1 final year with the moose. If not... Pav goes on waivers. Helle takes his spot. 

Pav hutch probably start but helle hutch probably finish 

47 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They won't risk losing hutch to waivers. Then they'd either have to sign pav to a new deal or expose helle in the expansion draft.  

Reality 

Pav starts with the jets. Hutch is backup. Helle starts with moose. Pav gets 10 games to show what he can do. If he's ok he stays and helle spends 1 final year with the moose. If not... Pav goes on waivers. Helle takes his spot. 

Pav hutch probably start but helle hutch probably finish 

Whoa wait a second. Helle starts with Moose? Where's the guy who said this...

On 2016-07-28 at 0:25 AM, Goalie said:

... this coming from a guy who thinks helle sucks and Morrissey is a bust so yeah .. can't take seriously 

Helle is waiver exempt. He SHOULD start with the Jets cuz he's their best goalie but.... it's likely he starts with the moose. 

They can't buy out pavelec.  It's highly unlikely he's traded because he's terrible.  Jets could send pav to the moose but it seems unlikely.  Hutch is guaranteed to be with the Jets. They will not risk losing him to waivers and having to expose helle  or sign pav to a new deal.

I guarantee pavelec is not in the nhl next season.  He's that bad. 

And just cuz you play for the moose don't mean you suck... sometimes it's a numbers game.  I also think just because a few ppl think the Jets might compete this year doesn't mean that management does. 

Fact is ehlers is a 2nd yr player. Laine will be a rookie. SO will Connor. Morrissey will be a rookie Jet. 

Lots of young guys means lots of potential but also lots of growing pains. If pavelec is number 1 all year it means it's a developmental year. 

Edited by Goalie