Olympics

Jpan85

Thought I would fire up a Olympics thread up. Always love the olympics. Also predict that it will be not as bad as all the doom and gloom that the media is predicting. Canada women's soccer team off to a good start scoring 20 sec into there first game against Australia

I always love the olympics too, it's fun watching the sports that aren't seen every day and pretending to be an expert on them. 

I know there are always questions about the host city and "oh it's going to be a disaster" but I really think that this time it's a lot more valid. Things not being finished like the case in Sochi or China being corrupt and lots of air pollution are one thing, but all the reports of you're putting your health at risk by going in the water are quite another. 

50 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Thought I would fire up a Olympics thread up. Always love the olympics. Also predict that it will be not as bad as all the doom and gloom that the media is predicting. Canada women's soccer team off to a good start scoring 20 sec into there first game against Australia

My brother is going to the Olympics, he's one of the coaches for the Canadian Men's Volleyball team. That's what I'll be watching with intensity. I smell a miracle on ice type story :-). Go Canada!

13 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

What a game by the Canadian women's soccer team. 2-0 win over the number 5 team in the world Australia playing one down from the 19th minute on. 

And the fastest goal scored from the start of a match - 21 seconds. Wow!

On 8/3/2016 at 1:03 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

My brother is going to the Olympics, he's one of the coaches for the Canadian Men's Volleyball team. That's what I'll be watching with intensity. I smell a miracle on ice type story :-). Go Canada!

Yeeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!!!!!! 3-0 win against USA. Wow!

what's with all of these famous Taylor's from Kelowna?  Taylor Kitsch, Taylor Loffler and now Taylor Ruck, winning bronze in swimming for Canada.  She's my buddie's grand-niece so he's super pumped that she won a medal, they've been following her swimming for a long time.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

9 hours ago, Logan007 said:

I can't believe they beat Great Britain.  Isn't that England's second favorite sport next to soccer?

Coming into the games, Canada had a good shot at a medal so it wasn't a huge shock.  Getting bronze was nice though since they had lost to GB in the prelims.