Loffler and frederick.

wbbfan

Considering how good the edm pass game is It makes these two's performance soo much more impressive then face value. Im going to re watch the game as soon as its up on YT to review, but from what i saw and heard on OB frederick's coverage was blanket tight. On top of that the game saving pick. Was huge. 

Loffler was in the pocket and ear any one over the middle all night. Especially bowman. Most other elite wr's would have made atleast 2 catches over the middle bowman whiffed on. But they may not have held on to them. Its great to have a strong cover saftey, one who hits like a truck is a bonus. But what really impressed me was his swagger and poise. He was comfortable back there and not one bit out of place. 

If either guy plays like this even most of the rest of the season they will be our candidate for ROTY.

Frederick was great, coverage tight. This is why I am not opposed to keep bringing new guys in, never know when you'll find a gem.

Hope he keeps it up, we might have the best tandom with him and Adams on the corners.

Loffler was great too, bet he had Bowman thinking twice about going over the middle after the lick he laid on him.

Edited by Blueballz

Impressed with Loffler but are they using him the same way they use Macho?  If you watch Macho half the time he is playing up close to the line helping out wherever, it seems Loffler is more suited to traditional pass defence from the Safety spot.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

12 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Impressed with Loffler but do they use him the same way they use Macho?  If you watch Macho half the time he is playing up close to the line helping out wherever, it seems Loffler is more suited to traditional pass defence from the Safety spot.

I would hope they don't try fix what ain't broke...

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Impressed with Loffler but do they use him the same way they use Macho?  If you watch Macho half the time he is playing up close to the line helping out wherever, it seems Loffler is more suited to traditional pass defence from the Safety spot.

havent re watched yet ill keep an eye out for that. But we do use a S blitz package with macho due to his athletic ability. He does also have a tendancy to bite early on plays. Loffler really seems to play mid field well and focus on pass pro and not stopping the run soo much. But then edm runs about as often as a 500 lbs neck beard so it could have just been the strategy for edm.

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

havent re watched yet ill keep an eye out for that. But we do use a S blitz package with macho due to his athletic ability. He does also have a tendancy to bite early on plays. Loffler really seems to play mid field well and focus on pass pro and not stopping the run soo much. But then edm runs about as often as a 500 lbs neck beard so it could have just been the strategy for edm.

Felt like Hall was sending Leggett more last game... rather see that than Harris

If you actually watch Loffler, he's out of position quite a bit but he makes up for it because he's got a long stride and long reach and he can really REALLY lay the wood.

Despite his positional issues, which will improve as he plays more, I see no reason he's not our starter from here on out.

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

If you actually watch Loffler, he's out of position quite a bit but he makes up for it because he's got a long stride and long reach and he can really REALLY lay the wood.

Despite his positional issues, which will improve as he plays more, I see no reason he's not our starter from here on out.

And he's big and athletic enough to not hurt himself more than his target. I hope that he doesn't just concentrate on laying down the Big Hit and sacrifice pass coverage. From his bio, he seems smart enough to start calling the pass coverage before too long. In addition to having the right passport, he is young enough to still get better and hang around for a while.

17 minutes ago, tracker said:

And he's big and athletic enough to not hurt himself more than his target. I hope that he doesn't just concentrate on laying down the Big Hit and sacrifice pass coverage. From his bio, he seems smart enough to start calling the pass coverage before too long. In addition to having the right passport, he is young enough to still get better and hang around for a while.

One of the reasons Loffler fell in the draft is his injury history ... wouldn't be surprised if those knees are a ticking time bomb. But he'll be good NOW. I just don't know if he'll be here for a long time.

15 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Loffler is from Kelowna.  I really need to buy his dad a beer.

its a beaut of a town. Produced a few cflers iirc.

Re watched the game and man both were better then i even thought. Loffler wasnt in the best position each time but in one game he let the wrs know he was over top and running down hill and plenty of times guys heard foot steps. Way more of a presence at S then macho who sells out for hits all game long.

And frederick showed amazing poise not to interfere several times while still being a blanket in coverage. Cant wait to see more from these two going forward.

Edited by wbbfan

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

its a beaut of a town. Produced a few cflers iirc.

Re watched the game and man both were better then i even thought. Loffler wasnt in the best position each time but in one game he let the wrs know he was over top and running down hill and plenty of times guys heard foot steps. Way more of a presence at S then macho who sold out for hits all game long.

And frederick showed amazing poise not to interfere several times while still being a blanket in coverage. Cant wait to see more from these two going forward.

How did Macho sell out all game long when he was injured?