Return of Denmark?

bigg jay

Just now, Dr. Blue said:

I'm not a huge Denmark fan, I thought he had one good year an that's it. I felt he did a real good job of disappearing a lot, and was really over-hyped for his production. 

However, given all the injuries to our starters, I think this is a good and needed signing. Welcome Back!

He is a fine #2/3 receiver and he catches the ball when it comes his way.  At the very least, he is experienced and familiar with Willy, Nichols, and Lapo.

Davis - Denmark - Mayo - Sheppard/McDuffie - Kohlert ... Denmark would be a welcome addition to that bunch.  Davis becomes the defacto #1 receiver.

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Is anyone going to mention the suicide pass that got Dressler hurt? I know it's all sunshine and rainbows for Nichols but that was a suicide pass and Dressler is now hurt because of it. 

Every QB will throw a pass like that every now and then.  Every QB will over/under throw from time to time.  If you're looking for a QB that never makes a mistake, you're going to have to wait a long long time.  The throw was off, the receiver went a got it.  It's too bad he got hurt, but catching passes, even less than perfect ones is kinda what he's being paid to do, no?

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

I thought it was weird how Nichols really didn't target Davis that often last night, even after we lost Dressler. 

Other than Adams and Dressler it was hard to pick up on just who the other receivers were as they hardly got any balls thrown their way.  As far as I can tell with the 3 injuries they were down to 4 receivers covering 5 positions by the end of the game.  Of those Kohlert caught 4, Davis, 2, JFG 1 and Sheppard 0.

50 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I'm not sure Davis has run a route deeper than 10 yards this season. 

My understanding is that the LaPolice offense specializes in short-medium (5-15 yards) passes and will use the long bomb only on occasion. I don't know if this is because Willy's passes were suspect or just as a matter of philosophy stressing high-percentage completions.

16 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Not nearly as him never looking at or throwing to harris. 

EXACTLY. In my mind LaPo called a pretty good game. That could have been upgraded to 'called a great game' had he incorporated Harris as a receiver. Initially, the Eskimos might have been looking for it, but not after we had them flummoxed. Harris would have added way more yardage to his total.

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Is anyone going to mention the suicide pass that got Dressler hurt? I know it's all sunshine and rainbows for Nichols but that was a suicide pass and Dressler is now hurt because of it. 

I won't because every QB has thrown those. It is unfortunate that there was a lapse of accuracy on that throw because that is what led to the injury. However, even if he was on target I can't say that Dressler wouldn't have been hurt. He was gonna get hit hard. That is ALWAYS the risk on a crossing hot pass.

1 hour ago, Dragon37 said:

I won't because every QB has thrown those. It is unfortunate that there was a lapse of accuracy on that throw because that is what led to the injury. However, even if he was on target I can't say that Dressler wouldn't have been hurt. He was gonna get hit hard. That is ALWAYS the risk on a crossing hot pass.

KG left milt in some bad situations more times then i can count. Thats the life of a slot back. And why for soo long the nfl slot wr was a tight end. 

8 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Every QB will throw a pass like that every now and then.  Every QB will over/under throw from time to time.  If you're looking for a QB that never makes a mistake, you're going to have to wait a long long time.  The throw was off, the receiver went a got it.  It's too bad he got hurt, but catching passes, even less than perfect ones is kinda what he's being paid to do, no?

How many turnstile OL have we seen injure qbs? It's a team game. Like a lineman who whiffs his block he never meant to get his qb hurt. Same with Nicholls. **** happens.