OK, it IS Willy ...

IC Khari

I wonder where all the Willy defenders are to suggest that perhaps Nichols will yet turn his career around. 

OK, I give up.

I don't get what you mean..Willy defenders are to suggest Nichols? will yet turn his career around. Is this code?

33 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

He's saying that everyone is giving Willy a chance to figure things out, but Nichols, who is younger, "is what he is".

they are the same age. Nichols has a less polished skill set with less raw up side. Thats why. 

1 hour ago, White Out said:

Fun fact. Matt Nichols is younger than Drew Willy. True story. 

I wonder where all the Willy defenders are to suggest that perhaps Nichols will yet turn his career around. 

50 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

OK, I give up.

I don't get what you mean..Willy defenders are to suggest Nichols? will yet turn his career around. Is this code?

captcha.gif

It's obvious that Willy has some sort of mental issues this year. Something in his head. If he can actually shake that and just go out there and play. ...he will still be a good QB. The big question is. ... can he overcome the obvious mental issues. I don't know if he can. Nichols is what he is. Willy was a better QB than Nichols and might still be if he can overcome the mental side of things. Beats me if he can tho. Let's not pretend that Nichols is some saviour tho. Cuz he's not. It's not defending Willy.... it's just not over rating Nichols in to being something he's proven he's not. It's almost like people didn't watch games last year when Nichols played. He's a decent QB but he's not gonna win you games on his own. He's gonna have 1 or 2 good games and then 2 or 3 bad ones and you know what for as well as Nichols played last week...the Esks dB actually intercepts the duck to adams in to double maybe triple coverage and people wouldn't be talking about how great Nichols is. 

I don't get the defending Willy thing. It's not. It's being realistic about what matt Nichols is. 

I hope I'm wrong but... people don't think Willy is the man but bet on it... if Willy isn't.... Nichols isn't either cuz in reality they are pretty Damn similar 

Edited by Goalie

Not to bring this up again, but, my god, Goalies last post is the exact rhetoric that Pavelec defenders used for years and years. Literally to a T. Instead of Willy you have Pavelec, and instead Nichols you have Mason, Montoya, Hutchinson. The same strawman arguments about people thinking Hutch not being a savior (no one claimed) are now being trotted out for Nichols. No one thinks Nichols is a star QB who's a savior, but, he sure as hell is better than Willy and a lot cheaper. Hmm who's that remind you of?

Stop constructing Strawmen arguments. 

Further, the game is played on the field. Not on paper, and results aren't determined by who's better in practice or who has perceived to have better tools and upside. I don't give a flyin' banjo if Willy outperforms Nichols in practice and has a better "toolkit" than Nichols. If he can't make proper decisions in game because he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, he's no good to us.

And not to bring up his salary again, but if you're going to pay someone 400k+ in the CFL.... they better be one of the top players in their position.  Right now Willy would be a backup QB option for Saskatchewan, us, maybe Toronto,  and Montreal. The rest of the league would pass on this nearly 30 year old with "all sorts of upside".

Edited by White Out

Who the heck was ever defending pavelec. And how in God's name does comparing a goalie to a QB make any sense anyway? 

I would say in this case tho.... Nichols is Pavelec. He's been around longer... he just had 1 decent to good game and people are ready to declare him the next great thing. Just like Montoya?  Seriously AL Montoya? Chris Mason? Same mason who was done in the nhl basically after the Jets didn't sign him? Hutch had his shot and Maurice rode the hot hand... seems to me that's what O'shea is doing now. Riding the hot hand but to compare once again pavelec who is bottom of the league in a 30 team league to Willy who basically prior to his issues this year was considered one of the better younger qbs in the league is crazy.  

Pavelec issue is lack of talent.  Willys is mental 

Edited by Goalie

16 minutes ago, White Out said:

Not to bring this up again, but, my god, Goalies last post is the exact rhetoric that Pavelec defenders used for years and years. Literally to a T. Instead of Willy you have Pavelec, and instead Nichols you have Mason, Montoya, Hutchinson. The same strawman arguments about people thinking Hutch not being a savior (no one claimed) are now being trotted out for Nichols. No one thinks Nichols is a star QB who's a savior, but, he sure as hell is better than Willy and a lot cheaper. Hmm who's that remind you of?

Stop constructing Strawmen arguments. 

Further, the game is played on the field. Not on paper, and results aren't determined by who's better in practice or who has perceived to have better tools and upside. I don't give a flyin' banjo if Willy outperforms Nichols in practice and has a better "toolkit" than Nichols. If he can't make proper decisions in game because he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, he's no good to us.

And not to bring up his salary again, but if you're going to pay someone 400k+ in the CFL.... they better be one of the top players in their position.  Right now Willy would be a backup QB option for Saskatchewan, us, maybe Toronto,  and Montreal. The rest of the league would pass on this nearly 30 year old with "all sorts of upside".

To be honest tho.... I'm in the don't really give a **** what anyone else thinks category with this one. 

I'm not defending Willy either. I just don't think he actually sucks as much as people who tend to get hardons over qbs who have 1 good game 

It will be interesting to see what people say when Nichols has a crap game. 

Edited by Goalie

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

To be honest tho.... I'm in the don't really give a **** what anyone else thinks category with this one. 

I'm not defending Willy either. I just don't think he actually sucks as much as people who tend to get hardons over qbs who have 1 good game 

they will want the next qb same as allways.

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

but by not piling on Willy and proclaiming him the worst person in the world! you are just a blind Willy defender. 

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 9:58 PM, wbbfan said:

Thats simply not true. 8 carries in the first quarter 7 in the second. 3 in the 3rd. 4 in the 4th. His first run in the 4th was for 22 yards. We ran him twice early twice late in the 4th. 

http://www.cfl.ca/games/2296/winnipeg-blue-bombers-vs-edmonton-eskimos/#playbyplay

I stand corrected. My apologies.