OK, it IS Willy ...

IC Khari

Just now, wbbfan said:

28 total points 32/42 76% 279 yards 1 td. 13 for 63 from harris. 2 missed field goals from medlock, and a fumble in the red zone. 

30 total points 26/33 78% 304 yards 1 td. 22 for 127 from harris with 100+ in the first half. 5/5 from medlock

Add in the turnovers and take away the points scored by the defense. I'm still not sure why you're giving the offense credit for a Mo Leggett pick six. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

28 total points 32/42 76% 279 yards 1 td. 13 for 63 from harris. 2 missed field goals from medlock, and a fumble in the red zone. 

30 total points 26/33 78% 304 yards 1 td. 22 for 127 from harris with 100+ in the first half. 5/5 from medlock

17.jpg

"Must ... find... way... to **** on this win for Nichols..."

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

Add in the turnovers and take away the points scored by the defense. I'm still not sure why you're giving the offense credit for a Mo Leggett pick six. 

Mo had a pick six and we had a pick in the red zone that we scored off of that saved the game.  We also gave up a return for a td that game on one of the missed fgs.

Edited by wbbfan

Willy needs to build his confidence back. Not sure how he do it. Pretty sure he will come back at some point. 

But right now it's Nicholls time. And with this win, he's a confident QB.

O'shea will ride this horse until it's need to go back to Willy again.

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

Not to mention week one against Montreal. 

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Not only that but if Nichols would have been put in the first Edm. game they probably would have won that one as well.

not with that ol and running he wouldnt. Nichols makes worse decisions when pressured then willy does. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Mo had a pick six and we had a pick in the red zone that we scored off of that saved the game.  We also gave up a return for a td that game on one of the missed fgs.

Who cares if they scored a touchdown off a missed field goal? This topic has nothing to do with the defense. Not to mention that missed field goal was off of a fumble recovery our offence did complete **** all with. You're spinning in circles dude, as well as bringing up irrelevant and incorrect facts.

Edited by Blueandgold

Just now, Blueandgold said:

Who cares if they scored a touchdown off a missed field goal? This topic has nothing to do with the defense. Not to mention that missed field goal was off of a fumble recovery our offence did complete **** all with. 

your the one wanting to factor in defense and scores not on offense. we didnt have any drops in the end zone tnite either. 

Nichols played well tnite. But to try and say he would have turned those 2 losses into wins with the same pieces willy had to work with is beyond insane. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

your the one wanting to factor in defense and scores not on offense. we didnt have any drops in the end zone tnite either. 

Nichols played well tnite. But to try and say he would have turned those 2 losses into wins with the same pieces willy had to work with is beyond insane. 

It's only insane if you think that Drew Willy is a capable starting qb and the results have been heavily skewed against him because of a bad o line.

Willy just isn't the guy. He's gonna make a very good backup some where, but not here for 400k. 

edmonton has given up the most points in the league on D, hammer is 4th. Hammer has the most sacks in the league, edm has the least. Hammer also has the most pass knock downs, edm has 2nd least. Hammer has 2nd most forced fumbles, edm 6th. edm has 2nd fewest turn overs, hammer has 3rd most. 

Nicholls played better then any game Willy played this season.   Clearly Willy is the starter of this team... but I still sit him for a few weeks.   Willy needs to stop playing Buck Pierce deer in the head lights scared and needs to wake up.  

It was nice watching sustained drives and most of the passes being tossed near the receiver so that they could make the play for the catch.  

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Nicholls played better then any game Willy played this season.   Clearly Willy is the starter of this team... but I still sit him for a few weeks.   Willy needs to stop playing Buck Pierce deer in the head lights scared and needs to wake up.  

It was nice watching sustained drives and most of the passes being tossed near the receiver so that they could make the play for the catch.  

He played well, but he got really lucky on a couple passes and great support. Im not sure willy will be the starter in the future. I think he was rattled from the pressure and never full filled his potential. Being pulled may well break him. If we win next week with nichols as long as he stays healthy he prolly gets a good leash. But the difference despite willy being rattled isnt great. The difference in terms of potential is heavily in his favor though. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He played well, but he got really lucky on a couple passes and great support. Im not sure willy will be the starter in the future. I think he was rattled from the pressure and never full filled his potential. Being pulled may well break him. If we win next week with nichols as long as he stays healthy he prolly gets a good leash. But the difference despite willy being rattled isnt great. The difference in terms of potential is heavily in his favor though. 

Willy is nearly 30 man. What potential? All the hype from Rider fans from 4 years ago? Cmon.

31 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

Nichols' results only began to diminish after he lost nearly all of his starting receiving corps. Hard to hold that against him.

Bond was a breath of fresh air. I'll be really annoyed if they don't stay with this version of the o-line.

Jace Davis and Sheppard were invisible tonight, I thought they would make more of a contribution especially once Dressler was knocked out.

I thought that Nichols play a very good game.   To me, it hinged on a great play when he hit Dressler on the first series on the play that took us down to the one yard line.    We've been so used to dink and dunk that it was refreshing to go vertical with success.  That play set a new tone for the offence that we can and will go downfield.    IMHO, he brought a more aggressive attitude to the team, and played to win.   I think that losing Dressler for the second half really hurt our production, as I think he was a big part of our game plan going in.

Let's not forget that we played the second worst defense in the league.  But, yes, Nichols played a good game.  I thought Bond and Hardrick did a good job on the Oline.  Hardrick seems to have some fire in him.  I noticed after Nichols got hit he walked up to the Edm guy and had words with him...which I'm sure were colorful.

Don't think Nichols is the answer, but he's more on the money when passing than Willy.  We'll see how things go.  But I'm happy for him and the Bomber team.

Nichols played well. I'm cautiously optimistic about the teams performance as we've seen this many times under MOS. Lets put a couple wins together before we start getting to excited though.

Harris played really well tonight, well...he did what he's been doing but his teammates finally showed up for him! And the results came.

Nichols, like I said played well. Did a lot of small things right. Looked off rec. sold the hand offs/play action. Even threw the ball away when he had too. Some mental errors like the pass to McDuffie, which I'm going to chalk up to nerves as you could tell in his release he was excited when he saw him come that open lol.  And forcing the ball a couple times. The pass he dropped into Adams was a beautiful pass though. And he made a lot of right reads. It's nice to come away with a win. But again, still 2 games below 500 and haven't been able to put together 2 wins together for WAY too long.

5 minutes ago, braddman19 said:

What did I like about the game last night from Nichols?  

Passes with some zip on them.

Some throws that led the receiver.

not throwing a 3 yd pass on 2nd and 10.

Didn't like:  The goddamn screen pass that keeps getting called, and a draw play on 2nd and 10 in the dying minutes.

I like your post... but I can never complain about a screen pass, it was so many years without any hope of ever seeing one.